1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NYC guys, if you are out and about in the midtown east area today..

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by edmorel, Sep 7, 2006.

1. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

I believe his name is Joe Ades. He's usually in Union Square on Saturdays (until the Peelers send him packing [​IMG] ), and yes, they're $5 apiece, 5 for $20. He is the consummate peddler....[​IMG]

Is that the old guy who usually is in Union Square (in front of Whole Foods)? That guy is pretty cool and draws a crowd. Although.... i dont often see people purchase a peeler from him.

Oh $hit... i just realized he died. That is so sad!!!

He was one of the regulars you would see downtown. Kind of like that crazy George Clinton looking dude that walks around Union Square during the summer.

2. BryanHarig

BryanHarig Well-Known Member

Is that the old guy who usually is in Union Square (in front of Whole Foods)? That guy is pretty cool and draws a crowd. Although.... i dont often see people purchase a peeler from him.

Oh $hit... i just realized he died. That is so sad!!!

He was one of the regulars you would see downtown. Kind of like that crazy George Clinton looking dude that walks around Union Square during the summer.

He did alright, had a place on Park ave. I think I saw a quote once attributed to him "Never underestimate the amount of money that can be gathered in small amounts over 60 years"