• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nyc Best Shopping??

ville_e

Reaction score
what is the best place to shop in NYC??

I love rock styles and traditional clothing the most. What stores could you recommend. I'd like to go at least to Ralph Lauren, Cloak, Tods, Dior Homme etc.

What are the best places to buy vintage clothes and buy cheap RL clothes?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Run a search for "new york stores" or something like that and you'll find a huge list. Someone had a 30 store list going in a thread a few weeks ago. 45rpm is nice. Isn't it right off broadway and greene? Blue in Green is the best denim place in the city. Go to greene st. from broadway and keep walking till it ends. It'll be on your right. But definitely go find the other new york shopping threads too.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be content if my entire wardrobe came from Odin. Amazing shop.

dougie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
I would be content if my entire wardrobe came from Odin. Amazing shop.

Oh man I went in there for the first time today. It even smells good. Check it out, check out Supreme as well (first block of Lafayette south of Houston, not sure of the exact address), go to Jack Spade on Greene St. to see marketing at its absolute finest (and if you need a bag; I'm not jaded, I have a few), avoid West Broadway like the plague.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
melet mercantile has some pretty sweet vintage crap...but ihavnt been to any other sr eally so wiodlnt know...
but u gotta check out
cloak..its gonna close soemmtime after this season
margiela
varvatos
if boutique on grand st
nom de guerre
paul smith
apc
camper
BiG

ville_e

Reaction score
thanks so much for all the helpful comments...

I'd also like to purchase smth typically New York. Perhaps a NYPD cap or some cool NYPD jackets etc. Can anyone recommend such a store that I could check out??

savage

Reaction score
Famous Friends is a must see!!! One of the best IMO + Close to the Old Odin on 10th St. ALife + Orchard St. area is cool to shop/ walk around. Bblesing is there too. If you go to time Sq. you'll find all your tourist goods - NYPD/ IluvNYC etc... RRL is in Nolita, and if your with a grl there is Iheart around the corner. Head over to MeatPacking for DDClabs (I liked theer stuff, but now I think Kinda cheap, but cool store) also close to Puma BLACK! The Earnest Sewn store is in the area as well, and they always have a little exhibition going on in the back. If you want discount suits or discount designer wear go to Century21... I found a D&G suit of $300! - it's rigth across the street from World Trade Center. If you go to Williamsburg (Bedford stop) there's a bunch of boutiques there too.. In God WE Trust, Furniture stores, and south is Yoko Devereaux. They also have the best vintage/ used clothing stores, much cheaper then Manhattan. Check out Refinery29 for shops in different locations.. Bape is past APC, nice to go inside but I don't like the staff, and SEVEN is in the area too.

ville_e

Reaction score
thanks so much savage for your tips... I have heard that Century21 is a great place to shop for discount designer clothes.. 25-70% off!

savage

Reaction score
I have heard that Century21 is a great place to shop for discount designer clothes.. 25-70% off!

Don't bring your GF in there though, cause she'll go crazy!!!!!

It's nice if your visiting, to do some touristy stuff & shopping in the same area.

ville_e

Reaction score
thanks labelking... i'll b sure to check it out... they seem to have good labels like rick owens and raf simons...

ville_e

Reaction score
Originally Posted by savage
Don't bring your GF in there though, cause she'll go crazy!!!!!

thankfully she's staying home!
laugh.gif

ville_e

Reaction score
Btw is there anyone from NYC here who would like to show me around town... I'd like to also visit the big clubs like Bungalow etc.

i used to live in NYC but that was many years ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads