1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NY watch retailer?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stu, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Stu

Stu Senior member

A few years ago I started a thread here about watches and someone posted the name of a New York city watch retailer who had killer prices. They have a Web site and you can call and they will give you a quote on the watch you are looking for. I've done a search and apparently that post is gone.

I had saved the Web site in my favorites list, but have since changed jobs and computers, so I lost the URL and forgot the name of the place.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? Apparently this retailer has been written up in Best of NY or something like that.

2. Stu

Stu Senior member

Found it. Sorry for wasting anyone's time. Yeager Watch.

3. lisapop

lisapop Senior member

If you're planning on purchasing a fine watch, I'd recommend you try Wempe on Fifth Ave.---Ask for owner Rudy Albers. Don't know Yeager so I'm not disparaging them, however the Diamond District, where they're located, is infamous for selling grey market merchandise, which you really want to avoid. In other words, "watch" out.
    Grayson

4. drljva

drljva Senior member

Can't go wrong with Wempe... have bought several things from them in London (IWC watches, etc.).

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Anyone specifically know a good retailer for Pateks? Tourneau has no selection and Tiffany is overpriced. Looking for the 5054 in rose gold. Thanks.

6. lisapop

lisapop Senior member

If you're looking to buy a Patek, I'd recommend Wempe. Just between the two of us, if you make an app't with Rudy and sit down with him, you have a good chance of extracting a bit of a discount. PP dealers are usually pretty strict about not discounting, so you don't have too much room to "hondle", but you can buy with complete confidence from Wempe.
    Grayson

7. lisapop

lisapop Senior member

By the way, if you stop by Wempe, be sure to have a look at their Nomos watch collection, which have caught my eye. Beautiful,classic designs made in the famous watch center of Germany, Glashutte, extremely well regarded for the quality of build, and extraordinarily reasonably priced for all that the watches represent. Nomos also has raised the goal post for value with the in-house manufacture of one of their movements. http://translate.google.com/transla....&u=http Grayson

8. cloud9eleet

cloud9eleet Senior member

I can second Wempe, and they will give discounts, just ask.