1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NY Times Critical Shopper Reviews the Gap

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TheDroog, May 19, 2011.

1. *#..

*#.. Senior member

I've bought some blank shirts from them and they fit me pretty well. Come sale time before Christmas, their blank t's were going for $5-6.

2. pimpmystyle

pimpmystyle Senior member

It's unfortunate, but The Gap just can't seem to get anything right these days. I bought a few items back in their late 90's heyday, and I was pleased with just everything about the experience. The prices were right, quality high, the store was very clean and organized, and the staff helpful.

For the price, quality was high. What happened is that they went after the biggest market possible
    (in more ways than one), quality dropped more quickly than seemed conceivable, they raised prices sharply, and lost whatever leadership was responsible for their success in the first place. In other words, they got greedy and lazy.

Is it just me or is their underwear really bad? I picked up some boxer briefs there last year and they were pretty horrible, fabric was shit, I mean markedly worse than merona(target) or hanes.