1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NY Times article on Hugo Boss

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Apr 12, 2005.

1. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Distinguished Member

Here's the link to NY Times article on Hugo Boss. Here're some of the quotes:
    The last quote is self-exeplantory, except that I don't think it'd make GA cringe.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Why should this surprise anyone? The responsibility of a corporation is to make money. Not to say that they don't want to make a good product as well. There is no contradiction here.

3. gorgekko

gorgekko Distinguished Member

I know Hugo Boss is a schmutziges wort (well, worts I guess) for many on Style Forum but I have to say that I've always enjoyed their styling. Overpriced? Yes, but that's why one should never pay full price for most things one purchases. The news, though, that they will be manufacturing suits in China terrifies me.

4. discostu004

discostu004 Affiliate vendor

buying stuff like boss never made sense to me. if you find it at a discount it's still not much cheaper than a belvest or isaia if you actually look around, unless you have to have it that day.

5. gorgekko

gorgekko Distinguished Member

Eh? Buying Boss at full price is cheaper then Isaia...unless I'm mentally over-inflating the price of Isaia. I usually find Boss for pretty cheap, particularly online. If you like the styling, as I do, it's worth it.