• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NY Tailor--Bruce Cameron Clark

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else used his services of late? His work sounds practically ideal for me

Mark Seitelman

Reaction score
I recently saw Bruce and ordered some shirts.

Bruce falls into the category of custom clothier/stylist. He makes clothes for his customers, and he carries no RTW.

He does not make the clothes. Everthing is made and altered off-premises. He uses a top shirtmaker. His suits are made by one of the best MTM houses. If you want to see him cut your suit and a bunch of tailors sewing, he is not for you.

Why Bruce? He is an excellent fitter, stylist, and advisor. He comes from the Savile Row culture. He strives to make the best suits and shirts that fit your body, life style, and personality. He is not afraid to make recommendations. In comparison, I have found other clothiers to be a little reticent to the extent of being mere order takers.

I have mostly used Bruce for shirts, and he is excellent. He used to cut shirts at Tommy Nutter, and he also used to manage the Coles on Savile Row. On the tailored clothing front I only used him for a couple of items, but I am considering an order since he has had excellent results from his new suitmaker.

All of the clothes are top quality. He has a small selection of shirtings and suitings in the store. Of course, he has all of the leading sample books and a few English ones which are not readily available.

On the issue of price, I think that it is best to discuss it directly with Bruce. If you are looking for a bargain, this is not the place. I recommend discussing price up-front so as not to waste your time and his time. His prices are comparable to the best makers in midtown and uptown.

Although Bruce is usually at his store, it is best to call Bruce in advance since he is a literally a one-man show. His number is 212-772-7701. He is flexible about hours, such as early mornings and weekends.

If you visit him there are always some clothes in either alteration stage or ready for pick-up. It will give you an idea of his work.

Good luck.

Eric912

Reaction score
I have been a customer of Simon Barchi's for over 7 years. He is by far one of the best custom Bespoke Tailors left in NYC. He is original, does the work on site and my entire firm now uses him. I turned them all on to his suits and custom shirts. He has been in business for over 40 years. I was very impressed with his new showroom on East 55th street. If your looking for fine work he is the man to see. Tell him Eric sent you.

Barchi Bespoke Custom Tailor
140 E 55th street
NYC, 10022
212-752-1448

Threadhead

Reaction score
Wrong thread.
spam[1].gif

And, you shouldn't be too proud of overpaying for suits made only from Tip Top cloth.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads