• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NWT Sartoria Partenopea sportcoat, tagged EU50R (40R US)

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am selling another Sartoria Partenopea garment, this time a spring/summer sportcoat. This is an absolutely gorgeous jacket, a real masterpiece of Neapolitan tailoring. For those who don't know, Sartoria Partenopea is an Italian maker that has been compared favorably to Kiton. I think the fabric may not be on the Kiton level, but the quality of manufacturing here is outstanding, easily equal to Brioni and probably better than Isaia. I'll post pictures and full measurements tonight, but here are the details: Silk (37%)/linen (33%)/wool (30%) blend, slubbed orange/peach/gold color jacket. The color, a solid color with a little light variation in the slubs, is a little hard to describe. It's a great spring/summer color, but not for the sartorially meek. Then again, I don't think any of the meek know about Partenopea. It's a three-roll-2 button, single breasted jacket with three open patch pockets. It's tagged a 50R, drop 7. The sleeves are unfinished and basted closed, ready for your tailor to put in working button holes. The buttons are included. All in all this is an awesome coat. It's marked as MSRP $1050, which I think is almost certainly lower than its original retail price. Partenopea is a bit of a secret, and certainly a deal. The jacket is yours for $400, including free UPS ground shipping in the US. I can ship internationally but will add the cost onto the total. EDIT: I forgot to mention that this is fully canavased with a lot of handfinishing. That basically goes without saying, but for those who haven't seen SP's work, I thought I'd add it.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here are the measurements:

Shoulder: 18 1/2"
Chest: 43"
Waist: 39 3/4"
Length: 30 3/4"
Sleeve: 25 1/2""

And pictures. The second is probably closest to the true color, but it's a bit of a color shifting fabric, thanks to the silk. Let me know if you'd like to see more or different pictures.

dorian

Reaction score
Love the implied, "Amateurs need not apply."

wink.gif

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Oh man. I'm finally giving up on this jacket ever fitting me right, it's just too long. Still in the same condition as it was when Jamison sent it to me, with tags and all. Fabric is absolutely gorgeous, and great for this time of year. First $350 has it!

Tom

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads