• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NWT: Samuelsohn Suit + SC sale Size 38R

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Up for sale are a Samuelsohn Navy suit and Sport Coat. Both in size 38R. Bought these and I am in the process of gaining some weight and they are a little tight. Both are NWT.

Up first is the Samuelsohn Sport Coat. Its three button with side vents. Lamb under collar (Brown Leather) and it is prepared for working button holes. Has a bluish lavender lining to match the color in the coat. Main color is green with a brown heather with a brown and lavender color stripe. Really gorgeous. Will get measurements up if people want. It is in the Essex model which is the english model with High armholes and a semi rope shoulder. Full canvas like all Samuelsohn garmets. Pics as follows asking $295 shipped. Suggested retail is $1075

Measurements
Chest - 41"
Shoulder - 18"
Sleeve inseam - 17 3/8"
Length - 30 1/4"

Best color
img1041ai0.jpg

img1042sf7.jpg

img1043dj1.jpg

Lamb Under Collar
img1046wy2.jpg

img1047uh1.jpg

Second up is a Samuelsohn Suit. Solid Navy super 110's with slant pockets, 2 button, side vented, and it is prepared for working button holes. This is the Trophy model which has no shoulder pads and is just canvas all the way up, Think more like Isaia. Drop 7 with a burnt orange lining. Comes with Flat front pants in size 30, very trim pant and suit. Sized at 38R but fits very trim. Asking $375 shipped suggest retail is $1295.

Measurements

Chest - 41"
Shoulder - 18"
Sleeve - 16 3/4
Length - 30 1/4"

Pants - model Q62
Waist - 30" (2 inches to let out)
Seat 38" (1 inch to let out
Knee - 20" (1" to let out)
Bottom - 17"
Rise - 10"

img1044ml1.jpg

img1045ej7.jpg

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what is the inseam on the pants for the suit?

fatherseanfan

Reaction score
From the picture it looks like the front right pocket is slanted while the left isnt?

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pants are unfinished so right now its 37.5" unfinished.

Both are slanted just the way the jacket was hanging.

Both are first rate goods just been trying to put on some weight and thus they don't fit anymore.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Measurements please. Also, on the sportcoat, is the button stance a true 3 button?

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Measurements up

True 3 button stance very little roll

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are pretty thin. I would describe them to be more like Hickey or Black label on the Navy suit fit for both the pants and jacket.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Nice looking stuff. Suit is very cool but just wouldn't fit me with those pants...
blush.gif

+1. Great deal on that suit but 30" pants is not gonna work.

Also, can you perhaps post a pic of the leather under the collar of the SC and provide waist measurements on the coat and sleeve measurements from the shoulder? Is the fabric heavy? Does the inside tag identify it S110 or something? Thanks

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fabric is a super 120's. Will get pics up later. Not a heavy fabric i think the weight was 9.5oz

There is room to let out the waist a touch, sorry just real small waisted.

Its a great suit and I am gonna have it remade again just after i put on another 10 pounds or so and get my weight to where i want it to be. So if anyone likes the Black label fit its pretty similar.

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could have worked with the waist on the suit pants, but it's the low rise that kills it for me. Otherwise would have been perfect though. *curses*

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will seperate the suit. If anyone wants it as a blazer or just the pants I can do that as well.

Will have pics of the collar up tonight.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Collar pictures finally updated

Oh will get the sleeve measurement today when i get to work sorry didn't see that the first time.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So since the pants won't fit anyone I've decided that I will have a new pair made up from the same bolt (called samuelsohn this morning to reserve it). So anyone who purchases the suit I will have pants made up for (can do flat front, single pleat, double pleat etc.) So it will be 4 extra weeks if you want to do that. Hopefully this helps sell this soon. Oh and their will NOT be an extra charge.

Countertenor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by demeis
So since the pants won't fit anyone I've decided that I will have a new pair made up from the same bolt (called samuelsohn this morning to reserve it). So anyone who purchases the suit I will have pants made up for (can do flat front, single pleat, double pleat etc.) So it will be 4 extra weeks if you want to do that. Hopefully this helps sell this soon. Oh and their will NOT be an extra charge.
Wow, that's cool of you to do that, but it almost seems unnecessary (to me, at least). I really find it hard to believe that there isn't someone who could use this suit who is a 37-drop-7. Can the pants be let out? If they could go to 31", then the suit becomes an ideal 37-drop-6 (or a 38-drop-7, if a slimmer jacket is desired).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads