• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NWT Ralph Lauren BLACK LABEL killer suits and overcoats, plus Polo CASHMERE!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
NOW ON EBAY, AT LOW, LOW STARTING PRICES!

Everything is NEW, WITH TAGS and in pristine condition.

Gentlemen, start your engines!

No Purple Label this time... but instead I have two stunning Black Label suits. And following several requests, a killer pair of overcoats. In particular, if you're a smaller guy who's struggled to find a slim, fitted overcoat, I have the perfect coat for you.

Read on, Macduff...

1) 36R/38R Ralph Lauren Black Label black topcoat - $1125 now on eBay, starting at just $599

Retails for up to $3000.

This is an exceptional topcoat from Ralph Lauren's slim-cut Black Label line. The fitted, tailored cut will flatter those with slimmer physiques - all you guys complaining that most coats never fit right and make you look like you're wearing a badly-fitting poncho... this is THE coat for you.

57% wool, 30% angora, 10% cashmere, 3% spandex.

Measurements -

tagged 38R
chest: 39.5"
shoulder seam-shoulder seam: 17"
crown-cuff: 25.25 (+1.25")
length: 41.5"

This topcoat is tagged 38R but I would call it a 36R. If you intend wearing it over a shirt and sweater only, then a 38R would fit into it (I could wear it on that basis, for instance, and I take 38 in RLPL suits). If you intend wearing it over a jacket, my strong recommendation would be to treat it as a 36R.

2) 42R Ralph Lauren Black Label suit anthracite grey glen plaid suit - $699 now on eBay, starting at just $499

Retails for well over $2000

A perfect charcoal-grey glen plaid suit. Great for business, elegant enough for a night out.

98% wool
2% cashmere

Jacket -

tagged 42R
single breasted
peak lapels
2 buttons
2 vents
2 flap pockets & standard welted breast pocket
3 inside pockets, one with button closure
4 sleeve buttons (non-functional, but lining is ready for them to be made functional once the length is adjusted to be 100% perfect for you)

Measurements -

chest circumference: 45.5"
shoulder seam-shoulder seam: 19.25"
crown-cuff: 25.5" (could be let down another 1")
length from base of collar: 30.5"

Trousers -

drop 7 from jacket
2 hook, button and zip fly closure
side adjusters
flat front
2 back pockets, with button closure
2 standard side pockets
full unhemmed length to guarantee a perfect break

Measurements -

internal waist: 35.5" (+1.5")
cuff diameter at 34" inside leg: 8.75"
full unhemmed length

3) 42R Ralph Lauren Polo 100% cashmere navy overcoat - $1250 now on eBay, starting at just $599

Retails for around $2500k

A gorgeous pure cashmere deepest navy overcoat from Polo's Made in Italy (by Corneliani) line. Soft as butter, yet durable and heavy enough to cope with truly cold weather.

Measurements -

tagged 42R
shoulder seam-shoulder seam: 19.75"
chest circumference: 47"
crown-cuff: 26.75" (+1.25")
length from base of collar: 44"

4) 44R Ralph Lauren Black Label suit anthracite grey glen plaid suit - $699 now on eBay, starting at just $499

Retails for well over $2000

A perfect charcoal-grey glen plaid suit. Great for business, elegant enough for a night out.

98% wool
2% cashmere

Jacket -

tagged 44R
single breasted
peak lapels
2 buttons
2 vents
2 flap pockets & standard welted breast pocket
3 inside pockets, one with button closure
4 sleeve buttons (non-functional, but lining is ready for them to be made functional once the length is adjusted to be 100% perfect for you)

Measurements -

chest circumference: 47"
shoulder seam-shoulder seam: 19.5"
crown-cuff: 25.75" (could be let down another 1")
length from base of collar: 31"

Trousers -

drop 7 from jacket
2 hook, button and zip fly closure
side adjusters
flat front
2 back pockets, with button closure
2 standard side pockets
full unhemmed length to guarantee a perfect break

Measurements -

internal waist: 37.5" (+1.5")
cuff diameter at 34" inside leg: 9"
full unhemmed length

Shipping on the suits is $50 worldwide inc. insurance, online tracking. $25 within the UK. Shipping on the overcoats will be $75 worldwide (again with insurance & tracking) and $30 within the UK. These are heavy items and cost me extra to ship; my apologies.

PM me with any questions, and with your choices. Enjoy!

EVERYTHING NOW ON EBAY!!!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast

1) 36R/38R Ralph Lauren Black Label black topcoat - $1125

... shoulder seam-shoulder seam: 17"...

Answering a query in the open, since I suspect it may be a recurring theme. Yes, the measurement of 17" is correct.

As the pics show, the coat does have some roping either side which is not included in the above measurement. If you were to include that, the total measurement is about 18", maybe a touch over.

As well as the measurement, my best advice would be that as I said, I'm a 38 in RLPL and this coat fits me well enough if I don't wear a jacket. With a jacket, it's too tight and in that instance is better suited to a 36 in my opinion. Great for all you slimmer, slightly shorter guys out there!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks!

The cut of the topcoat is fab and the angora/wool/cashmere blend is quality. But I really love the soft 100% cashmere of the Polo overcoat. One could sleep in it.
smile.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As usual, if no takers here, items will go to eBay on Sunday.

tanalasta

Reaction score
Fantastic overcoat but I was hoping for a charcoal rather than a black.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
PRICE CUTS!

These are my only pre-eBay price reductions.

1) 36R/38R RL Black Label topcoat was $1125, now just $999
2) 42R RL Black Label suit was $699, now just $599
3) 42R RL Polo cashmere overcoat was $1250, now just $1100
4) 44R RL Black Label suit was $699, now just $599

PM me if you want anything. They will go on eBay at the end of the week otherwise.

Hoya Saxa - sorry, not this time. It's a really tricky size to find, you know!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quick bump to remind people of the price cuts.
smile.gif

tanalasta

Reaction score
Is the black topcoat more of a 'true black' or a charcoal?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know you're after a charcoal, but I'm afraid it is indeed black.

Under very bright winter sun, I guess it might appear a little charcoal, but I would call it a true & well-saturated black. Very stylish and striking IMO, and should do well on eBay (as should all these items I think, which is why I'm not too worried about them not selling here first) but I know it's probably not quite what you're after this time. Sorry.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No sales yet despite PM interest - I think too many of you are getting wise to waiting for them to go onto eBay!
smile.gif

For those waiting, they will go on the Bay tomorrow. If anyone wants to avoid a bidding war and buy beforehand, let me know.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just a bump to remind everyone that all items are now on eBay.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Midweek bump.

By the way, I'll be looking for more stock towards the end of the week. I might be able to snag some Canali items as well as the Ralph Lauren Black and Purple label items. Will have to wait and see.
smile.gif

If I've already got your sizes and item requests, don't worry, I'll keep a look out for them - no need to PM me again!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads