• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NWT Purple Label shoes and shirts.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Tomorrow will be the last of my RLPL suits and just finished posting 2 pair of Edward Green Shoes, 1 pair of CJ Peal shoes will be posted, and the dreaded Corben.

Also posted a some Purple Label Dress shirts and some nice blue label ones in a light lavender.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrsingh777QQhtZ-1

Thankyou.

StolenCar

Reaction score
$59.50 seems a tad expensive to ship one shirt to Canada.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are you serious with that shipping?
eh.gif

ezboy1000

Reaction score
OMG!
confused.gif

I have to add to the dogpile. What is with 59.50USD shipping to Canada? I don't think I've seen anything like that, ever. At the most - and I mean most - it should be $20 USD for one shirt (and that would give you at least 8-10 USD extra for "handling").

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the shipping section there is a note that says I refund all unused monies for international shipping. I send all items Global Express with insurance and need to account for the maximum charge and then just refund back the unused shipping money.

ezboy1000

Reaction score
You could also find alternative shipping methods for less. Off the top of my head I can't recall what all the options are, but I do recall fedex has an option that would work for shirts for around $10USD, including shipping and insurance in the $100 range.

I know I can ship to the US from Canada for about $10USD with decent insurance and tracking. There is no need to use global express for $35USD to Canada - most customers would prefer to wait an extra 2-4 days if it means saving $25.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
In the shipping section there is a note that says I refund all unused monies for international shipping. I send all items Global Express with insurance and need to account for the maximum charge and then just refund back the unused shipping money.
Your shipping section also starts with the statement "Will not ship to outside the USA". How often does Global Express even get close to $60? And why can't you calculate it or at least estimate it in advance like every other seller? Personally, the shipping gimmick raises red flags for me, especially considering you don't have that many sales under your belt. If you want Canadian customers, I suggest you find an alternative method. USPS is preferred, though.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jared
Your shipping section also starts with the statement "Will not ship to outside the USA". How often does Global Express even get close to $60? And why can't you calculate it or at least estimate it in advance like every other seller? Personally, the shipping gimmick raises red flags for me, especially considering you don't have that many sales under your belt. If you want Canadian customers, I suggest you find an alternative method. USPS is preferred, though.

It actually gets close to that quite often, when selling to Japan or Korea. Your terms like "gimmick" and "Red Flag" seem quite strange to me since I have sold items to Japan , Korea, UK and Canada and have never had a complaint because I always refund the unused monies and deliver the product as promised.

The probelm I have had with Fedex , DHL , and UPS when not going USPS for the front end is that the customer gets hit with duties.

Actually, it was SF that alerted me to always using GExpress to protect myself and the buyer.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you remember what the fedex option was named ? I looked through all the non-freight options and they are a lot more than Global Express.

Jutter

Reaction score
Rssmsvc is serious seller and refunds immediatley
unused money for international shipping !

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc
Your terms like "gimmick" and "Red Flag" seem quite strange to me since I have sold items to Japan , Korea, UK and Canada and have never had a complaint because I always refund the unused monies and deliver the product as promised.
I chose "gimmick" and "red flag" specifically to distinguish between perception and reality. I don't doubt that the reality is that this system works and I certainly didn't imply that you were a dishonest seller. I just thought you might be interested to know what at least some buyers think when they see your listings - if you're satisfied with the amount of money you're making, then there's no reason to change! (Excuse my ignorance of the eBay selling process, but why can some sellers provide shipping calculators in their listings or link to the USPS's calculator and others cannot?)

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a RLPL knit tie from Ravi late at night on the 16th. He shipped it out on the 17th and it arrived the morning of the 19th. Additionally, I believe he shipped it at a cost higher than that of his stated shipping charge (it was a Priority Flatrate box but he only charged $6.50).

Needless to say, I was very impressed by the price and quality of product, speed of shipping, and shipping charge. RLPL is usually beyond my means, but if the opportunity presents itself, I will be purchasing more from him.

Karim

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I have been slow on listing the suits, because I listed some more shirts, a scarf, bath robe and other RL items.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads