• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NWT/NWOT Helmut Lang Jeans (31,32,33)

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NWT/NWOT Helmut Lang Jeans
3 pairs! Size: 31,32,33
Exact measurements pending.
Tag reads: Classic Vintage Bootcut
Dark Wash with minimal distressing
Labeled "Boot Cut", closer to a full, straight leg
(see picture #1)
Made in Italy
MSRP: $210
My Price: $65 + shipping ($7 conus)

hl1pf6.jpg

hl2gh1.jpg

hl3jp7.jpg

hl4rg5.jpg

Measurements:
Size 33
Waist: 33"
Inseam: 34"
Rise (F): 10 7/8"
Ankle: 9 1/4"

Size 31
Waist: 32"
Inseam: 34"
Rise (F): 10 7/8"
Ankle: 9 1/4"

The jeans are straight leg, so the ankle measurement appears to be the same as the knee, etc.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually I forgot to check when I was buying them. They are, in fact, (possibly?) selvedge. Or have the little red line across the stiching. I'm not much of a denimhead other than I like plain washes with minimal detailing a la HL, APC, and Nudie.

edited: To include selvedge pic

Spencer Young

Reaction score
I don't believe it's actually selvedge, by that picture. Still, a good deal, and I'm looking forward to the measurements!

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely not selvage. HL in selvage is a rare beast. I've been looking for a pair of raw selvage in ages.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Count me up for a pair of 31 if they aren't taken!
smile.gif

Babar

Reaction score
Those aren't selvage, but HL denim is still very, very nice. My non-selvage one-wash HL jeans have been much more durable than my raw APC Rescues. Still after very hard wear, there's no fraying at all, which is not the case with the APCs.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size 32 HL jeans sold!

I might be able to get ahold of more pairs, but in these limited sizes only. Please send a PM if you wish to reserve a pair.

I might also be able to get ahold of a few John Varvatos casual, five-pocket, cord pants for $45 + shipping. In olive, gray, and maybe a brown. Please PM for interest.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you get me a measurement of the true waist size on the 33? Knee, ankle, and thigh measurements would also be nice if you're getting out the tape. Thanks in advance.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great find! my Classic Vintage Bootcut are one of my favorites. they're not like straightleg, they are straightleg. and as others have mentioned, nonselvege.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Matt, I just measured the waist of a few pairs I own, and it would seem like the 33 would fit me better. Is there anyone else already going to buy them?

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are interested in either size 32 or 33, please send a PM, I may be able to snag a few more pairs.

nct

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads