• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NWT Isaia suit EUR54/US44 R grey cord stripe

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a NWT Isaia suit in a "cord stripe" fabric. It is marked a 54R, which in my experience fits like a 43/44R in U.S. sizing. I can post pictures if there's interest. The pants are unhemmed and unaltered. This is in new, unworn condition. If anyone wants, I can let it go for $750 shipped. It is a medium grey color, 100% wool, Isaia model Sirio A.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If there's no interest, I'm going to go ahead tomorrow and dispose of it through other channels. Going once...

ranchsooner

Reaction score
Yes, please post pics and measurements, or PM. not sure if the Sirio works for me, but I would like to take a closer look anyway. Also, flat or pleated trousers?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pants are flat front. I'll post pics tonight after I get the suit and the camera in the same place. Suit is currently in my office and the camera's at home. And cameraphone pics seem like a sacrilege with a suit like this. I'll try to do some measurements too, but it fits like a slightly small 44. Waist on the pants is 36".

ranchsooner

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Pants are flat front. I'll post pics tonight after I get the suit and the camera in the same place. Suit is currently in my office and the camera's at home. And cameraphone pics seem like a sacrilege with a suit like this. I'll try to do some measurements too, but it fits like a slightly small 44. Waist on the pants is 36".

Doooh! Can't do flat front

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ranchsooner
Doooh! Can't do flat front

Go on... Try it. You'll like it. You'll see. All the other kids are doing it...

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK, here are the pics. I'm not a photographer, so apologies in advance.

The full monty:
isaia1-vi.jpg

Close-up of gorge, hopefully showing the fabric:
isaia2-vi.jpg

Tags! As noted, the sleeve-buttons are sewn on, but not sewn-through:
isaia3-vi.jpg

Flat-front pants. Sorry for the narrow depth of field.
isaia4-vi.jpg

More tags. Sort of.
isaia5-vi.jpg

Note the detailing--belt-clasp holder and double inside fly buttons.
bigstar[1].gif

isaia6-vi.jpg

Sleeve lining and open sleeve seems, the better to have buttonholes cut.
isaia7-vi.jpg

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh--measurements. Chest is about 45", near as I can tell. Sleeves are between 25 and 26. Pants waist is 36.5", with 2" to let out. Inseam is unhemmed and at least 37". As I said, somewhere between a 43R and a 44R. I normally wear a 44, and it fits me, although I would probably let the pants out a touch for comfort and line.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No one? I'll give this one more day, because I didn't get the pictures up until late last night. PM or respond in this thread if you're interested.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads