• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NWT Hickey Freeman suit, size 39-40 R, at a price meant to appeal to mind and wallet

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just in time for spring and summer, here's a NWT two piece from Hickey Freeman. Sadly, just a little too big for me -- labeled a 39R, but I need a small 39R. This one could work for a 40R if you like a bit snugger fit. All wool, tan/taupe, union made in the U.S.A. Your price for this NWT item: only $185 + $9.50 shipping within the continental U.S.

Measurements: Shoulders: 19 inches; chest: 43 inches; length (from bottom of collar): 30.5 inches; sleeves: 24.5 inches. Trousers are labeled a 33 waist, unhemmed, double pleated and lined to the knee in front.

This is a nice suit, but I'll point out a couple of things just because I want you to be entirely happy with what you're getting. First, a couple of tiny pinpoint holes on the sleeve where it looks like a tag was attached. I presume this will come out with a pressing, but my iron is broken so I couldn't do it myself.

The other I didn't even notice until I really scrutinized the jacket. The lapel near the pocket has what I'd guess is a slight weaving defect, like a thread is missing. Looks a bit like the fabric has been scratched lightly. You'll have to squint and use your imagination to see it, but here's the best closeup I could get. Not the type of thing most people would notice or care about, but FYI.

PM if interested. Payment by PayPal, please. Shipping insurance available for $5. Thanks for looking.

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members