• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NWT Basile Blu dress shirts 15.5

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two brand new Basile Blu dress shirts for sale. If you don't know Basile Blu, they are very nice and made in Italy by Mastai Ferretti. I was told by someone that Mastai Ferretti shirts was started by someone from Borrelli but I cannot confirm that. At any rate, Basile are not quite Borrelli quality but not the same price tag either.

They retail for around $200 and I have several that I get great use out of. I picked up a few shirts last week and simply have too many
musicboohoo[1].gif
so these are priced to sell quickly. Both are size 15.5 and sleeve length is approx 34". They have button cuffs and spread collar. $40 each including shipping or take both for $75. PM or email me for paypal details.

1. Navy blue with white checkered pattern in a very soft cotton twill. Very nice hand to this fabric. (no chest pocket on this one)

SOLD

2. Purple oxford cloth, has side gussets and chest pocket. I have one of these and it's great fabric; hard wearing and gets softer over time.

basilep1ev4.jpg

basilep2ir6.jpg

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those are nice shirts for a nice price! Are the collar stays removable? I had a Basile Blu shirt I loved, but for the fact that that the stays were sewn in.
frown.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I own a couple of Mastai Ferretti shirts I bought in Italy and must say they're fantastic. If only yours had longer sleeves, I would be all over them

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the words. The shirts are in my office so i will check for collar stays and exact sleeve length tomorrow and let you know. I did not measure the sleeves but approximated based on what my shirts measure.

johninla

Reaction score
i'll take the blue shirt. i have a paypal account. what is the best way to pay you for the shirt?
John Warren

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blue one is sold - thanks!

Purple is still available and I checked and that one does indeed have removable collar stays FYI. If someone wants me to measure exact sleeve length, let me know.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Price down to $35 including shipping for a great shirt.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Final markdown to $30 on this great shirt before I list it on eBay or just keep it for myself. I can't part with it for less and paid more for it but must make room...

Did you get a chance to check the sleeve length?

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Did you get a chance to check the sleeve length?

Yeah, sorry about that gdl. Just measured again. Looks like it's longer than I thought (at least the purple one). I am getting 35"-35.5" from the center of the collar along the shoulder and top of the sleeve. I also measured from the armhole seam and it's 26 inches to the end of the cuff. I guess it's longer than my other Basile and Ferretti 15.5s. Hope this helps.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry about that gdl. Just measured again. Looks like it's longer than I thought (at least the purple one). I am getting 35"-35.5" from the center of the collar along the shoulder and top of the sleeve. I also measured from the armhole seam and it's 26 inches to the end of the cuff. I guess it's longer than my other Basile and Ferretti 15.5s. Hope this helps.

OK thanks - still a bit short for my monkey arms
frown.gif

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
OK thanks - still a bit short for my monkey arms
frown.gif

How long are they and how do you find RTW shirts in 15.5 with sleeves longer than 35"?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long are they and how do you find RTW shirts in 15.5 with sleeves longer than 35"?

I don't buy many RTW anymore. If I do, I get a 16"/36", although I'd prefer a 15.5" neck

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads