1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NWT Basile Blu dress shirts 15.5

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by EL72, Oct 12, 2006.

1. EL72

EL72 Senior member

I have two brand new Basile Blu dress shirts for sale. If you don't know Basile Blu, they are very nice and made in Italy by Mastai Ferretti. I was told by someone that Mastai Ferretti shirts was started by someone from Borrelli but I cannot confirm that. At any rate, Basile are not quite Borrelli quality but not the same price tag either.

They retail for around $200 and I have several that I get great use out of. I picked up a few shirts last week and simply have too many [​IMG] so these are priced to sell quickly. Both are size 15.5 and sleeve length is approx 34". They have button cuffs and spread collar. $40 each including shipping or take both for $75. PM or email me for paypal details.

1. Navy blue with white checkered pattern in a very soft cotton twill. Very nice hand to this fabric. (no chest pocket on this one)

SOLD

2. Purple oxford cloth, has side gussets and chest pocket. I have one of these and it's great fabric; hard wearing and gets softer over time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. romafan

romafan Senior member

Those are nice shirts for a nice price! Are the collar stays removable? I had a Basile Blu shirt I loved, but for the fact that that the stays were sewn in.[​IMG]

3. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I own a couple of Mastai Ferretti shirts I bought in Italy and must say they're fantastic. If only yours had longer sleeves, I would be all over them

4. EL72

EL72 Senior member

Thanks for the words. The shirts are in my office so i will check for collar stays and exact sleeve length tomorrow and let you know. I did not measure the sleeves but approximated based on what my shirts measure.

5. johninla

johninla Senior member

i'll take the blue shirt. i have a paypal account. what is the best way to pay you for the shirt?
    John Warren

6. EL72

EL72 Senior member

Blue one is sold - thanks!

Purple is still available and I checked and that one does indeed have removable collar stays FYI. If someone wants me to measure exact sleeve length, let me know.

7. EL72

EL72 Senior member

Price down to $35 including shipping for a great shirt.

8. EL72

EL72 Senior member

9. gdl203

Final markdown to $30 on this great shirt before I list it on eBay or just keep it for myself. I can't part with it for less and paid more for it but must make room...

Did you get a chance to check the sleeve length?

10. EL72

EL72 Senior member

Did you get a chance to check the sleeve length?

Yeah, sorry about that gdl. Just measured again. Looks like it's longer than I thought (at least the purple one). I am getting 35"-35.5" from the center of the collar along the shoulder and top of the sleeve. I also measured from the armhole seam and it's 26 inches to the end of the cuff. I guess it's longer than my other Basile and Ferretti 15.5s. Hope this helps.

11. gdl203

Yeah, sorry about that gdl. Just measured again. Looks like it's longer than I thought (at least the purple one). I am getting 35"-35.5" from the center of the collar along the shoulder and top of the sleeve. I also measured from the armhole seam and it's 26 inches to the end of the cuff. I guess it's longer than my other Basile and Ferretti 15.5s. Hope this helps.

OK thanks - still a bit short for my monkey arms [​IMG]

12. EL72

EL72 Senior member

OK thanks - still a bit short for my monkey arms [​IMG]

How long are they and how do you find RTW shirts in 15.5 with sleeves longer than 35"?

13. gdl203

How long are they and how do you find RTW shirts in 15.5 with sleeves longer than 35"?

I don't buy many RTW anymore. If I do, I get a 16"/36", although I'd prefer a 15.5" neck

14. EL72

EL72 Senior member