• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NWOT* Epaulet x LBM Vittorio Sportcoat, 40 US/50 EU, Loro Piana 120s Mocha/Cadet Blue Farmer's Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickpapagiorgio

Reaction score
EDIT: Moved to Classic Menswear Here

This is a lovely jacket, but one which I've just not worn, so it's a casualty of clearing space in my closet. This retailed for $1050 from Epaulet (currently out of stock). My asking price of $725 includes priority mail shipping to CONUS (and of course includes any fees I'd owe on the sale). No returns.

NOTE: I included the asterisk in NWOT in case you have a different understanding of that term than I do. I left the coat on for about 10 minutes when I tried it on in my house so I could admire myself, but it's been in my closet since then, sitting on a hanger with thick, contoured shoulders. So, if you'd quibble with "New," I'd say it's in "Mint" or "Like New" condition.

Measurements (taken from EP website for Size 40 US/50 EU)

Chest: 20.5"
Shoulder: 17.75"
Sleeves: 25"
Length: 29"
Approx EP shirt size: Large

All measurements are shown in inches. "Chest" is measured from one armpit seam to the other. "Sleeves" is measured from the shoulder seam to the end of the cuff. "Shoulder" is measured from one shoulder seam to the other. "Length" is measured from the base of the rear collar to the bottom of the garment.

The Vittorio Sportcoat is true to size and generally consistent with our in-house Epaulet shirts. The size chart below illustrates how they match up. This is an approximation, as tailored clothing can't be cut identically to shirting. Generally, most customers who wear an Epaulet medium will get a solid fit in a 38 jacket. However, if your Epaulet shirt fits you very slim, or you have broad shoulders for your build, then we recommend ordering the next size up. The fit in the shoulders is crucial - the chest and body can easily be taken in if need be.
Please note that each jacket has approximately 1 inch of seam allowance in the sleeves that can be let out, and 1 inch of seam allowance in the chest and body. Many customers will find this to have a great fit "off the rack." However, it's common for a proper sportcoat to require a little bit of tailoring to fit exactly right. This is a solid item and you'll find that quality tailoring is worth the investment.
Description and pics from EP website

The Vittorio is an unstructured sportcoat that combines our signature athletic cut with Luigi Bianchi Mantova's world-class soft tailoring and flawless Neapolitan shoulder construction. Completely unlined, the internal construction is beautifully finished inside and out. The Vittorio features mother of pearl buttons, a classic two-button stance, gently rolling lapels, open patch pockets and double rear vents.
This particular model is crafted in an outstanding Loro Piana super 120s wool. The classic farmer's check is has an oatmeal base with intersecting tuscan mocha & cadet blue check lines. Beautiful marbled blonde mother of pearl buttons put the icing on the cake. The combination of this gorgeous old-school pattern and the Vittorio's sharp fit and construction make this a an especially valuable investment piece. We love this item with a thick oxford shirt and fuzzy shetland crewneck.
Lightweight Construction
Unstructured jackets are a wonderful option when you want to wear a sportcoat and aren't constrained by excessively formal dress-codes. They give the wearer a natural look, full freedom of movement, and open the wearer up to a variety of pairings.
By removing the interior lining and shoulder pads, the jacket sits almost like an overshirt or cardigan, rather than a suit jacket. This soft construction makes for great comfort combined. This, combined with its slightly casual appearance, lends a more natural silhouette to the wearer. Think of it as lowering the sportcoat to a less formal level or, conversely, elevating your casual attire to a higher standard.
The Vittorio's shape and precise lapel roll is achieved by a German tropical-weight interlining that provides integrity without defining structure structure. An unstructured, yet not shapeless jacket is the key. Luigi Bianchi Mantova is justifiably famous for its soft-shouldered construction. Each and every piece wears as lightly as a shirt without sacrificing the elegance and polish of fine tailoring.
About Luigi Bianchi Mantova
Luigi Bianchi Mantova has been setting the standard for Italian tailoring for four generations. Each jacket is manufactured in Mantova, Italy, where Luigi Bianchi opened his first shop in 1911. Every piece is exquisitely manufactured from top-shelf fabrics in timeless shapes, with a flawless fabrication honed by over a hundred years of practice. Luigi Bianchi Mantova's soft-shouldered jackets are effortless to wear and feel like a second skin -- and they're built to last. Your Epaulet x Luigi Bianchi Mantova is sure to be a favorite for years to come.

Attachments

• Farmer_Check_Cuff_1024x1024.jpg
    Farmer_Check_Cuff_1024x1024.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Farmer_Check_Inside_Label_1024x1024.jpg
    Farmer_Check_Inside_Label_1024x1024.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Vittorio_Farmer_Check_Interior_1024x1024.jpg
    Vittorio_Farmer_Check_Interior_1024x1024.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful pieces - may I suggest you move this listing (not sure how) to the classic menswear section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics