Nuvola by santoni

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by FCS, Aug 13, 2004.

1. FCS

FCS Senior member

I assume they are blake-stitched, but how is the quality of their leathers? Also, any further comment regarding the construction quality would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Retail prices are just under $300, is that correct?

2. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

All the shoes in the Nuvola line have latex rubber soles and are Blake-constructed. They also have some unusual sole padding system that actually works very well: the shoes are extremely comfortable. The leather quality is good but not outstanding. I like the shoes, and I think that they offer good value at the price ($275 to $290). I have a pair of cognac Nuvola ankle boots bought on sale that I'm very pleased with.

3. FCS

FCS Senior member

JCusey, I assume they don't use corrected grain? And how would the leather compare to AE's, which sells for similar pricepoint?

4. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

No, the Nuvola shoes that I've seen (and I've seen examples from just about all the different models) aren't made from corrected-grain leather. The leather is softer than what Allen-Edmonds uses, but it wouldn't surprise me if Allen-Edmonds leather ultimately proves to be more durable. They're really a different sort of shoe than what Allen-Edmonds produces, though.