• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nutrition While Traveling

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm going on a trip to Asia next week. Won't be working out at all and will be eating a ton.

I'm worried about maintaining muscle though. Last time I went to Asia I came back weighing less but I think it was a lot of muscle as I was weaker in the gym.

How do you deal nutrition while traveling? Would you bring protein shakes to supplement?

Deluks917

Reaction score
Calories aren't too hard to come by so I would forget the finer nuances of diet and just focus on getting as much protein as possible. If your not gonna be able to cook your own food then powder may be needed.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just buy protein bars at the airport. Lots of them. Shake is too much of a hassle.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Or if you are on expenses, who cares, just expense loads of room service beef.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some leftover really tiny (1 lb) containers for protein shake lying around, if I'm going on a short trip I fill one or two up with protein and stash in my rucksack, with a shaker bottle. I usually find that protein is the hardest to get the most of, especially in asia.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
I have some leftover really tiny (1 lb) containers for protein shake lying around, if I'm going on a short trip I fill one or two up with protein and stash in my rucksack, with a shaker bottle. I usually find that protein is the hardest to get the most of, especially in asia.

Problem is its so inconvenient to make shakes. In half the places in Asia you will have to use bottled water. Then you have to clean it after every use (with what?? you don't have dish washing fluid). It just becomes a hassle. I feel that although a shake is way cheaper and healthier, bars are the way to go on the road. Not sure if they sell protein bars in Asia, but you could stash 15-20 in a bag somewhere.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hard to find low-carb. For taste, I like U-Turn or Detour, but they have a good amount of sugar. For just protein you really have to go shake/powder.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
bring a vat of whey and mix with water. pick up some labrabars. i just got back from dallas and always pat myself on the back for my restraint while traveling. was there for 2 days and worked out both.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
bring a vat of whey and mix with water. pick up some labrabars. i just got back from dallas and always pat myself on the back for my restraint while traveling. was there for 2 days and worked out both.

What are the macronutrient stats for those?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^dunno in all honesty, but the bars are nothing but fruits and nuts (very few ingredients which is always welcomed) and the whey will keep you from snacking on far worse crap.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^thanks. i just realized i misspelled.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buy some nutrition shakes...careful with sports bars- they're a major source of gas

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Larabars rock.

Ew.

Just eat lots of normal food. People that worry about losing muscle generally have none.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads