Nutella

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by gdl203, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

^when I encounter things like this in real life I don't give a fuck and eat it all in one sitting. guilt is not an option- the food orgasm is the only option.

I'd eat 15 of those cookies with 16oz of whole milk.

When I make them they are meant to be finished with in two hours of baking. They are best when out of the oven, like most cookies. I rarely even get the amount of cookies I am supposed to out of a batch because I end up eating half the dough.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Holy sh!t what!? Never had those.... Sounds amazing. How do I get one of those now?!
    +1 If I baked those I'd burn my mouth from eating them so soon after they came out of the oven.

3. Redwoood

Redwoood Senior member

4. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

^ thank's I was mildly drunk last night.

5. Mr. White

Mr. White Senior member

6. Meis

Meis Senior member

occasionally I'll make a panini w/ Nutella, bananas, peanut butter, and honey. mmmm

7. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

8. eg1

eg1 Senior member

occasionally I'll make a panini w/ Nutella, bananas, peanut butter, and honey. mmmm

Your avatar is distracting ...

My wife bought Nutella this week -- my daughter asked for it as a special birthday food (she is turning 9). I will have to avert my eyes ... [​IMG]

9. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Anyone has tips to effectively spread Nutella on matsa bread without shattering it into oblivion? [​IMG]

10. Nil

Nil Senior member

Perhaps heat up the Nutella slightly so it's less viscous and will spread easier.

Or you could stop being a Jew and eat Nutella on normal bread.

11. gdl203

Warming it up is a good approach but Nutella and microwave are arch enemies so it would be labor and utensil intensive to do.

Second suggestion just won't work. When zee Germans come for me, they won't check what's under my Nutella, if you know what I mean.

12. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Warming it up is a good approach but Nutella and microwave are arch enemies so it would be labor and utensil intensive to do.

heat it up in a little pan. check your kitchenware store for the right thing.

13. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Anyone has tips to effectively spread Nutella on matsa bread without shattering it into oblivion? [​IMG]

try this one: manner wafers

this will be your next addiction. [​IMG]

14. gdl203

Thanks for this suggestion during Passover [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh I've had those Manner things before - they're everywhere here. I like them but I can't control the amount of delicious hazelnut paste with that. I prefer to spread and overspread.

15. Redwoood

Redwoood Senior member

Thanks for this suggestion during Passover [​IMG] [​IMG] [...]
    Do you actually keep kosher during Passover, or is it just a seasonal treat? Anyway, the reason why matza crumbles is because you create a pressure point during spreading and there is room to 'yield' on the other side of the spreader. The pressure point is due to small surface area of the spreader, the yield due to matzos' usually being larger than a plate, thus resting on the raised edge solution 1: spread along the entire length of a knife to reduce pressure (difficult) solution 2: break matza in smaller pieces that fit inside the plate, then the challenge is just to maneuver the knife around the plate edge. You can also place one half/quarter underneath the other, thus stabilizing it and holding it up in your hand while spreading. Place the support piece on top for a matza sandwich (this is going to be messy, if you don't know why, try it [​IMG]) In general, smaller pieces are less prone to crumbling, and are easier to eat as well. solution 3: use a cutting board instead of a plate. It will provide enough support so you can spread using solution 1 without the issues created by a raised plate edge. If you keep your Nutella in the fridge, none of this will probably work. Heating it up could work, but if it gets too liquid, it will run through your matza....