1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Number of shoes you have...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by discostu004, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

My shoe collection is put to shame by you guys. I only have 2 pair of my casual shoes, adidas superstars with various stripe colors. I have a pair of Born brown shoes, and a black pair of kenneth coles, I'm ordering some pumas right now.

Is it just me or has there been a recent explosion in the ammount of little wannabe punk rockers wearing converse shoes nowadays. I counted 6 people wearing them on the way to a class recently (and what is really weird is they all attach safety pins to their clothing). I could never wear them because they are so flat, and I have some bad arches.

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Well, high fashion in general even for men's. Kiton is not comfortable nor Gucci to be in context.

I have 7 pairs, Bally, Gucci, Lattanzi, Ralph Lauren, etc.

3. kabert

kabert Senior member

I must say... the number of shoes I have has close to doubled since I discovered the world of EBay just six or so months ago. I've now got 25-30 when I include various boots, slippers, boat shoes and sneakers along with my approx. 20 pair of dress shoes (lace-ups @7; loafers @11; monkstraps 2).

4. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

I probably have a pair of shoes that no one else on the Forum has:  a pair of "Organ Master" shoes organmastershoes  In order to play the pedals on the organ, one must have a light weight shoe with a high heel. The rest of my collection: 2 pair black Allen Edmond 2 pair cordovan Allen Edmond 1 pair black Vass Budapest  (my favorite.) 1 pair Mephisto 1 pair Montrail storm shoes 1 pair LL Bean mocassin

5. SylvesterPennoyer

SylvesterPennoyer Member

Allen-Edmonds Park Avenue black - too dressy, I haven't worn in years, since I haven't had a job that wasn't business casual Allen-Edmonds Mapleton brown - brand new, I LOVE these shoes Allen Edmonds oxfords, dark brown (discontinued model, bought at steep discount last month) Ferragamo suede cap toe oxfords, rubber soles (I'm not supposed to wear suede betwen memorial day and labor day or something??) Ferragmo reddish-brown cap toe oxfords, rubber soles. Bally dark brown 3 eyelet oxfords, rubber soles (bluchers?) Cole-Haan split/moc-toe brown waterproof oxfords (I think they're "Beacons"), scuff very easily Cole-Haan brown waterproof boots, like the shoes but plain toe. Ecco brown plain toe oxfords (just re-soled through Ecco refurbishing program - NOT recommended, waste of money) Ecco reddish brown oxfords - spaceman soles, wear these when its raining. Cole Haan suede cap toe shoes - total crap, haven't worn in years. Bruno Magli loafers. Don't fit. These are a size 13, I am a 12 1/2 and hardly any shoes are made in a 12 1/2. At least lace ups can be tightened to be wearable in a 13. Ferragamo black pebble grain loafers with rubber lug soles. Same problem as with the Maglis. Allen Edmonds brown loafers. Since 13s are too big, I tried a 12. Too small, can't wear, what a waste... Vasque brown shoes - OK, bought on steep discount. Wear these when I mow the lawn. Hi-Tec hiking boots. Cop brand of shoes. Fantastic, most comfortable boots I've ever owned. So, what's that, 16 pairs. Jeez, I guess I'm almost a woman. Anyway, my only pair of black shoes are the Park Avenues. I need a more casual pair of black shoes. Any recommendations [​IMG]

6. Zubberah

Zubberah Senior member

I have just over 40 pairs of shoes.

7. clarinetplayer

[​IMG] Â I can't believe it, but I've received two messages from Forum readers who want to know about the "organ master shoes". Â I hope that they don't intend to wear them at a night club.

8. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

Or even worse: They might have mistaken them for condoms.

9. coatandthai

coatandthai Senior member

I have around 30 pairs. Mostly Ferragamos, since they fit me perfectly sight unseen so I can buy online. They are almost all black too. I just can't seem to find a deep red/brown color to wear. My favorites are monk-straps that I actually received compliments on -- a first for shoes. I also love Ferragamo "Stream" which is a deerskin casual shoe with vibram soles.

10. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I have like 9 pairs of shoes. Mostly casuals.

HIgh_Roller, I want those white DH shoes so badly. I'm very jealous.

11. clarinetplayer

Â I can't believe it, but I've received two messages from Forum readers who want to know about the "organ master shoes". Â I hope that they don't intend to wear them at a night club.
    Or even worse: They might have mistaken them for condoms.
    Now, THAT would be quite a surprise. [​IMG]