• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Number (N)ine raw denim?

startmeup

Reaction score
hi. im new on the forum, and i need to know if number (n)ine has a raw denim jean. Thanks!

parachutes

Reaction score
i bet they would cost like hell. having seen some of their other stuff myself over here, im pretty sure you can get a better bang for the buck going for something else. just my take though.

startmeup

Reaction score
oh its obscene how much most of number (n)ine costs. however they told me over the phone that their cheapest denim was $320, but the guy that worked there couldnt confirm that it was raw because he specialized in runway and talored jackets was the cheapest model probably raw?

xcoldricex

Reaction score
most of it is quality though. i can't speak for their denim though. I've seeen a few pairs in second hand shops here and i don't remember them being anything special.

i did get a thin lamb suede riders jacket from them though- pure quality. leather is like a collection privee jacket but even softer. silk lined, cut is excellent. also, i think its a bit cheaper here than in the states.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xcoldricexi did get a thin lamb suede riders jacket from them though- pure quality. leather is like a collection privee jacket but even softer. silk lined said:
That is actually my gripe with a lot of designer leather jackets (Haute, Marni, and Preview Man being the biggest offenders, I think.) If I am going to wear a leather jacket, I don't want to feel like it's going to rip in half if I decide to jump a fence
crazy.gif
especially when said leather jacket is something around $1500 retail. Give me the Margiela short biker or the snap button suede number, or the Costume National one with the Star on the back from about 7 seasons ago, or one from a company with a long history of making functional leather jackets - Lewis Leathers, Belstaff, or Vanson, any day.

Sorry. Rant finished. Back to regular programming. I think I saw Number (N)ine jeans at Alan Bilzerian, and maybe at Maxfield in LA (I could be wrong about that one). Meh.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
haha. more like $3000 retail
wink.gif
but i got it for pretty cheap. anyhow, i might get a CCP leather horse leather jacket. that will be a suit of armor.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xcoldricex
haha. more like $3000 retail
wink.gif
but i got it for pretty cheap.

anyhow, i might get a CCP leather horse leather jacket. that will be a suit of armor.

Geez... Yeah, I'd forgotten how much Number (N)ine stuff costs.

Horse leather - yeah, you could great dragged under a truck, Indiana Jones style, and the jacket would just be a little scratched up! I honestly think that the Margiela biker jacket is one of the best designed jackets, if not the best, I've seen though. Now, I just have to save up the $1500, or get really luck on Ebay.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Geez... Yeah, I'd forgotten how much Number (N)ine stuff costs.

Horse leather - yeah, you could great dragged under a truck, Indiana Jones style, and the jacket would just be a little scratched up! I honestly think that the Margiela biker jacket is one of the best designed jackets, if not the best, I've seen though. Now, I just have to save up the $1500, or get really luck on Ebay.

The Margiela jacket is sick. One of the coolest designer pieces. I just got a suit from the new-ish 14 line recently... it's serious stuff. Totally JFK-style, and the trousers have some of the coolest little details. Margiela's workmanship is top notch.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
The Margiela jacket is sick. One of the coolest designer pieces. I just got a suit from the new-ish 14 line recently... it's serious stuff. Totally JFK-style, and the trousers have some of the coolest little details. Margiela's workmanship is top notch.

Got a horse leather jacket from coldrice, love it
smile.gif

As for the Margiela jackets, you're talking about his classic design with the three zips? He made so many permutations of it that it's always possible you'll find one on ebay or discounted somewhere. I do agree it's one of the best jacket out there. Now as much as I may love looking at Margiela's clothing I've never found something he made that fit me, especially the suits
mad.gif
I always end up looking like a luxury hobo and not in a good way.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Got a horse leather jacket from coldrice, love it
smile.gif

As for the Margiela jackets, you're talking about his classic design with the three zips? He made so many permutations of it that it's always possible you'll find one on ebay or discounted somewhere. I do agree it's one of the best jacket out there. Now as much as I may love looking at Margiela's clothing I've never found something he made that fit me, especially the suits
mad.gif
I always end up looking like a luxury hobo and not in a good way.

I took some of the shoulder padding out of my suit, and now it looks totally boss. I kind of know what you mean though.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I took some of the shoulder padding out of my suit, and now it looks totally boss. I kind of know what you mean though.
e

Did you take out the padding yourself, and how did you do it exactly?

That wouldn't solve my problem with margiela though, it's more about how it drapes on me than anything else. If I was a size larger I'd be all over his stuff though, he really is a designer's designer and contrary to some of the other more conceptual fashion brands out there I think he's consistantly interesting instead of being somewhat interesting and consistantly pedantic (see Haute, Linea and other CCP).

Brian SD

Reaction score
Did you take out the padding yourself, and how did you do it exactly?

A tailor took a couple layers out (not all of it).

I see what you're saying. I do think you should check out his 14 line. It's sized much more appropriately for it's tags. The chest on my jacket measures 38" and the shoulders 17" (size 46). Waist always needs to come in a little bit for me though (some 10-12" drop to my natural waist).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics