• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nudie vs APC

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Which Nudie fits like New Standards?

Thanks,

lefty

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't think of a pair that has as high a rise as the NS... In terms of slimness, maybe the SS, but the rise is like 1" lower at least, and its slimmer size for size.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks.

I can't tell a damn thing from their website because they use the same skinny assless kid to model the jeans.

Same deal in raw - size down to stretch?

I'm heading to Stockholm so thought I'd grab a pair.

lefty

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Thanks.

I can't tell a damn thing from their website because they use the same skinny assless kid to model the jeans.

Same deal in raw - size down to stretch?

I'm heading to Stockholm so thought I'd grab a pair.

lefty

I wouldn't size down as much in SSDS, perhaps size down 1 for a slim fit. If you're going there, I'd just try them on and buy what fits. It won't stretch overly much if it fits in the first place. Certainly it won't stretch like APC.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SS is slimmer than NS?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
SS is slimmer than NS?
It is slimmer size for size. A pair of Svens in 32 will be slimmer than a pair of APC NS in size 32.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, right Duh. Thanks.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
The SS don't taper like the NS though. I don't know how important that is to you. The Nudie Even Steven is basically a ralph in the thighs but with a taper instead of a slight bootcut. A lot of people who own new standards own nudie slim jims as well. Size down 1 for slimmer fit or true to size. They are a tiny bit vanity sized and do stretch(although not like APCs). I tried on slim jims and new standards a couple months ago at a barneys and i thought they fit really similarly. More so than the sven i think.

Never2Late

Reaction score
I have the APC NS and I wanted a pair that fit the same way but in black, so i went with the SJDB, and they are just about the same fit, so I was happy. I haven't tried on any other nudie cuts, so I am not sure if any other is better, I just know the SJ's are just about the same.

edit : I am a regular 29-30, so I got sz 27 in NS and 28 in the SJ's

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got it.

Go to Stockholm/find denim shop/try on every pair until I find one I like/pay blonde statuesque goddess at counter.

lefty

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1) Slim Jims don't taper from thigh to ankle, they're tubular so they're straight all the way down.

2) Slim Jims don't come in dry selvage, at least not the same stuff that APC NS do.

Otherwise they are similar, except for the SJ's lower rise, but IMO, they're not even that similar because the sizing would be completely different as well.

moosy

Reaction score
I have both a NS and a Slim Jim and they are very very different in cut and sizing. Remember that the lower rise of the Slim Jim makes a huge difference.

airflight23

Reaction score
even steven would be comparable based on measurements from contextclothing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads