• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nudie stitching yes or no

Reaction score
Originally Posted by truestorytravis
meh, I think that the Nudie back pocket looks strange without the stitching. It's kind of long and plain without it. I did however remove the stitching from my Conny and I'm very pleased with that decision.
I totally agree---------the pocket w/o stitching looks waaaaaay long.

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Unless it's falling off and coming appart after months of wear, then leave it be.

mattjames

Reaction score
I would have to remove it before I ever wore them. Not because the brand is played-out - I never see anyone wearing them in my area - but because it is such an unsightly design. It is an utterly vulgar and cheap-looking design, perhaps even worse than True Religion or R&R.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mattjames
I even worse than True Religion
Whoa there cap'n. At least the garish part of the Nudies doesn't extend to the shape of the pocket itself.

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mattjames
I would have to remove it before I ever wore them. Not because the brand is played-out - I never see anyone wearing them in my area - but because it is such an unsightly design. It is an utterly vulgar and cheap-looking design, perhaps even worse than True Religion or R&R.

thats just crazy talk. some little swirls as bad as a huge misshappen ugly ass pocket with garish often multicolored stitching?

not quite but to each there own.

i always thought nudie was pretty classic, akin to lee or levis. not to plain or overdesigned.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spotted some new Thin Finns the other day with the pocket stitching in dark blue (other stitching was orange as usual), so it didn't stand out. Fairly pointless I thought at the time, but once they fade it'll become visible.

I've hacked all the defining marks - labels, pocket stitching, etc - off most of my jeans, but I mostly just feel that drawing attention to ****** makes it look fat!

I'm such a woman...

Goblin

Reaction score
I can't see removing the stitching unless it depicts a butterfly ****** a unicorn or something like that. Probably not (especially not) even then. If the stitching is too fruity, I wouldn't buy it to begin with.

When one is trying to look more masculine, reaching for the sewing tools is rarely the answer.
teacha.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
DDML did you photoshop that or is it real? Either way it's awesome.

rnrswitch

Reaction score
I bet the quality on those jeans is well worth the $100. If I could take the pics off of the pockets, i would easily buy those.

Goblin

Reaction score
Something cool like that always comes up when I've just blown my discretionary income on something else.
smile.gif

Tabris

Reaction score
I like the Nudie stitch, so I say keep it.

You could just take one or two of the lines out. I've seen pictures of people thinning out the Nudie stitch and I think it looked quite good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads