1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nudie stitching yes or no

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by modual, Aug 17, 2006.

1. The False Prophet

The False Prophet Senior member

I spotted some new Thin Finns the other day with the pocket stitching in dark blue (other stitching was orange as usual), so it didn't stand out. Fairly pointless I thought at the time, but once they fade it'll become visible.

I've hacked all the defining marks - labels, pocket stitching, etc - off most of my jeans, but I mostly just feel that drawing attention to my ass makes it look fat!

I'm such a woman...

2. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

I can't see removing the stitching unless it depicts a butterfly raping a unicorn or something like that. Probably not (especially not) even then. If the stitching is too fruity, I wouldn't buy it to begin with.

When one is trying to look more masculine, reaching for the sewing tools is rarely the answer. [​IMG]

3. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

a butterfly raping a unicorn
    I think you just gave RMC an idea for their next design. [​IMG]

4. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

I really like the Nudie stitching.

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

DDML did you photoshop that or is it real? Either way it's awesome.

6. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

7. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

Someone Loan Me $100 Right Now

8. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

I bet the quality on those jeans is well worth the $100. If I could take the pics off of the pockets, i would easily buy those.

9. Goblin

Goblin Senior member

Something cool like that always comes up when I've just blown my discretionary income on something else. [​IMG]

10. Tabris

Tabris Well-Known Member

I like the Nudie stitch, so I say keep it.

You could just take one or two of the lines out. I've seen pictures of people thinning out the Nudie stitch and I think it looked quite good.

11. Wade M

Wade M Senior member

To me the stiching is about brand recognition. Which has 2 purposes. 1 to affirm it's popularity, the other to generate hype/martketing/talk.

Even if the physicals of the stiching aren't working, their root purpose (brand reinforcement) is working.

--Wade_:/

12. dusty

dusty Senior member

I cut it off of mine because I think its sort of girlish, but I'm really picky about things like that. It might be sweet to remove all the lines except the two on the edges to get a hollow version of the same design.