• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nudie RRDS Sizing Help

Westbound

Reaction score
Which size would fit me best (post-stretch)? I wear a size 34 in Diesel (which is, as I'm sure you guys know, a vanity size because it's more along the lines of 35-36 inches) and tried on a pair of Flathead's in 34 but they were just too tight. I'm planning on picking up a size 36 in Flathead, should I do the same with RRDS or stay with my regular Diesel size?

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
well i have a pair of Diesel Viker Back's that say size 30 on them but they are wayyyy bigger than a normal 30 (they are actually getting tailored down now). although i believe the viker back model is supposed to be baggier in the back (hence the "back"), but im not sure. i think you are right about their "vanity sizing" tho. i have two pairs of nudie slim jims that fit AMAZING...they are both labeled size 31. im not sure about the regular ralfs. im guessing theyre supposed to be worn a bit baggier than the other nudies so maybe go with your REAL size (i.e. not the diesel size).

Westbound

Reaction score
^ Thanks for the help.

And yea', I'll either do what you suggested or find a shop that sells 'em and try them on there.

naylor

Reaction score
Yes, size down 1 from your normal, comfortable size. They'll stretch in no time. They should feel rather tight when you first put them on, but they'll end up being the most comfortable jeans you've ever owned once you break them in completely. It's kind of like wearing a nice pair of cardboard for the first couple of days...

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Get the 34's and I stock them so shott me a PM. Take advantage of your SF discount.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite style of coat for winter? Choose up to 3

• Peacoat

• Great coat

• Trench

• Mac

• Chesterfield

• Duffle coat

• Topcoat

• Shearling

• Balmacaan

• Parka