• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nudie recognition please?

AssassiN

Reaction score
Hey,

I've found a bargain for some Nudie jeans but I'm having a hard time figuring out what the particular model is. The seller doesn't list the model name or at least the color so I can make more of a guess. I'm only certain that it's coated denim.

Here are the pics from the auction:
rh3ghi.jpg

50456c.jpg

Thanks for any help guys!

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might get more help on the Streetwear and Denim forum next door.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AssassiN
Nudie recognition please?
Hmph! I feel completely misled.

AssassiN

Reaction score
Sorry for misleading you guys, it's what I first thought of at the time. I guess a title like "Which Nudie style is this?" would better suit this thread?

May a mod rename the title and move the thread to the denim subforum please?

Thanks

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AssassiN
May a mod rename the title and move the thread to the denim subforum please?
A simpler solution would be for you to provide said "nudies" for us to "recognize."
teacha.gif

(Don't go gettin' yourself all banned, now.)

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Hmph! I feel completely misled.

Well, I was going to say that this thread is completely useless without pics... until I saw the pics and realized what the OP was talking about.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black wax coated thin finns by the looks of it.

AssassiN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
A simpler solution would be for you to provide said "nudies" for us to "recognize."
teacha.gif

(Don't go gettin' yourself all banned, now.)

Don't worry dude, I won't. I've actually learned to like such comments - they keep the thread alive and on top for more people to see.
smile.gif

And btw, if I were to be able to provide said nudies for you to recognize in person, they'd first have to go through me, at which point I will figure it out by myself and I'll no longer need your service then.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by fuji
Black wax coated thin finns by the looks of it.

Yeah, it's what it looks like to me too, but the measurements taken (while the jeans lay flat) seem to be a little off (like one size bigger) compared to other finns on the site. Could this be just because of the particular color?

I was also under the impression the Thin Finn measured the same as Cheap Monday Tight/Narrow, except it stretched more than CMs. Is this correct?

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nudies makes black waxed in 2 fits, slim jim and thin finns. They might be slim jims that the guy sized down a lot on. I have both and my slim jims didn't fit anything like that.

AssassiN

Reaction score
Actually, I think this information can help too - the model on the photos is supposedly 176cm tall, and weighs 60 kg and he's wearing a size 31, but he could wear a 30 too.

I guess this could mean it's a Thin Finn?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads