• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nudie Even Steven....

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
anyone have em?

how are they?

What are they like compared to RRDS and APC NS?

Thanks

Anamoly

Reaction score
Dont you have enough raw denim kenny?

lol8[1].gif

tljenkin

Reaction score
I just tried them on yesterday. They have a lower yolk and an anti-fit compared to the NS. They have a wide cut in the thighs like the Regular Ralph and a tapered calf like the Slim Jim. The Veggies I saw had an excellent color and feel, as well.

tljenkin

Reaction score
I did not buy them because the length was way off for me (I'm at least a 36" inseam) and I'm not a huge fan of the contrast stitching. Also, I've seen some girls down here wearing Nudies, so the bastardization of the brand, at least in my town, is soon to follow. I live in Charleston, SC and there is a shop here that randomly stocks them, and I stop in to chat about dry denim every now and then. I would definitely go for it if you like the stitching and Nudie's denim. The beautiful color of the veggies cannot be overstated, either. They seemed like a great Summer jean.

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
actually the pair i'm looking at has blue stitching versus the traditional nudie orange which I prefer. Orange is quite loud.

check out revolveclothing... picked em' up from there.

denimaddict

Reaction score
I picked up the blue stitching ones from context and I love em. They fade to a brighter blue (so far at least) that looks really cool against the darker color. Also, the blue stitching is really low key.

I love the fit, but I tend to wear my jeans slouchy anyway so the low back pockets worked for me. If you're not used to that, I can imagine it would take some getting used too. They stack nicely on smaller shoes like sk8 his.

As for sizing, they seem to run about a size bigger than straight svens.

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
cool.

sounds like what I'm looking for. Love the Reg Ralfs but sometimes the bootcut bothers me a bit and the loud branding is not always cool.

I definetly wear em' slouch as well, so this sounds like it'll work.

I don't have straight sven's but how is sizing in compared to RRDS?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How skinny are the calves compared to the Sven?

tljenkin

Reaction score
If somebody had said: "Yeah, I bought a pair of RR and a pair of SJ's... but I didn't quite like the fit of either so I cut the thighs off of the RR and attached them to the calves of the SJ... In the process I may have accidently dropped the pockets around 3"s, though...." I would have believed them as far as the fit went. However, I am a minimum 34" inseam and was trying on 32"s so the calves may be a bit wider, it's hard to tell. The fabric was beautiful.

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
sounds perfect to me...

did you try the blue/black dark indigo with blue stitching on back versus traditional orange?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads