1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Nudie? Dead?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nomovement, Jul 30, 2006.

1. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

Yeah, they definitely aren't done. I'm kinda thinking about getting another pair, maybe Sven's this time. I'll probably get suckered into something else though.

2. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

Obligatory dead denim joke:

Nudies are bereft of life. Pushing up the daisies, they have joined the choir invisible!

3. nomovement

nomovement Well-Known Member

WHo the hell is Sergio Valente? And why should anyone care if Nudies are in or not? I thought that the cut & denim quality mattered anyway, not the name.

does this mean that the thread has come full circle? I gave in, thanks to the sf community, earlier today. look for pics of my de-branded nudie's next week. And, yeah, I agree, nudie is prob the best-if not one of the better (don't want to piss of the earnest sewn fam) mass market brands. And, at least a perfect embodiement of the raw denim movement-which means it will become a trend and then mass appeal; but by then, who knows what we'll be doing..

4. advan031

advan031 Well-Known Member

Indy must suck then because I have yet to see someone wearing Nudie...hmm

5. DNW

DNW Well-Known Member

look for pics of my de-branded nudie's next week.

If it doesn't have the Nudie stitching, and nobody knows it's Nudie, is it still a pair of Nudie? [​IMG]

6. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

A nudie by any other name is a nudie....

7. A Y

A Y Well-Known Member

I have seen one person in Santa Barbara wearing them

That might have been me. I probably looked like a slob, too. The forum has eyes everywhere! I haven't seen them on anyone else yet.

--Andre

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

No question to me that Nudie is THE best mass-market brand. It's like 7FAM on women: sure they're huge, but how can you complain? They tend to look great.
    Of course, they're still not huge by any means. Where I have a feeling at least 40% of all 18-25 year olds know Seven jeans, I'd say somewhere in the 0.1% - 0.15% know of Nudie. The appeal is somewhat similar though. Openly branded, democratic-fitting denim with a strong market presence.

Then again, I could just be getting giddy from my new pair of Nudies. Still on the honeymoon with these ones.

9. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Well-Known Member

ive seen one person in jacksonville with dry ralphs. i wasnt really that impressed. ive thought about a pair, but not now, especially since i have a pair of canes 45s coming in the mail to me.

10. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Well-Known Member

To date - I personally have not seen anyone in NYC wearing Nudies. I am sure many are but I have not come across any. Unlike 7FAM which I saw on a tonne of people just on my way to work this morning.

Btw.... nevermind, i'll start a new thread for this one.........

11. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

I've never seen them outside of store employees and im in LA.

12. minya

minya Well-Known Member

Weird. I've seen about 15 pairs in Toronto; half of them were worn huge and loose by hypebeasty kids wearing AF1s.

13. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

I'm in LA and have only seen Nudies on store employees (Traffic and A.Rag).....except I did see 2 girls wearing Nudies in Santa Monica, but they were obviously swedish tourists as they were carrying big backpacks and speaking Svenska. Oh yea, I did see a fellow wearing nudies at the Vegas Rockabilly Weekender this year.

14. denimaddict

denimaddict Well-Known Member

I live in Santa Cruz and attend the UC here. I saw a student wearing a pair of dry nudies on campus, and they looked great, super dirty lol.

15. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Well-Known Member

16. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Well-Known Member

Were they hella mint?
    If so, chances are...

17. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

DC Nudie report! I've seen 'em on employees in the Co-ops and Denimbar, and on dudes shopping in georgetown who looked like they were trying pretty hard. Haven't seen them out in bars/rock venues, though maybe they're cool in clubs, I dunno. Maybe I'm just running with the wrong crowd.

The Big Man?

18. Verb

Verb Active Member

What store do you work at? You obviously dont work at Jake, Guise or E Street Denim because those are the only 3 stores carrying Nudie in Chicago. If i had to guess you probably work at the denim lounge.

Barneys also carries Nudie in Chicago, albeit in very limited fashion (only Straight Svens and Regular Ralff's last I saw).

19. tangerine

tangerine Well-Known Member

I have seen only a handful of people wearing Nudies in San Francisco, and I am nearly positive they were all Swedish tourists.

20. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

alexbigman?

No, actually, alexbigman goes to my school. He's the first person I ever saw wearing Nudies. He tapped my shoulder when I walked downstairs he was walking up, and he pointed at his back pockets and I was like "ahh yea Nudies," then we had a really short conversation. He's a friendly person. No idea why he's such a weirdo online.