Nudie? Dead?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nomovement, Jul 30, 2006.

1. nomovement

nomovement Senior member

I had a dream last night that Express started to sell Nudie denim. I went in there and saw piles and piles of them on the tables. Except, they were all horrible cuts and pre-distressed washes.

like in 2002 when express hired all those denim expats (I think guys from 7 and paper were doing guest designs for them)?

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

And btw your computer must be broken because 265*.7-15 isn't anywhere near 150.

Actually, it's $158, if you assume that the extra 15% off is taken off the price after the 30% off, or $146 if you assume (probably incorrectly) that the 15% is taken off simultaneous with the 30% off (i.e. an additional 15% off the retail, not the discounted, price.)

3. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Senior member

I agree. That deal is indeed golden.. except the starting price is $265, which is for lack of better words ridiculous.

And btw your computer must be broken because 265*.7-15 isn't anywhere near 150.

Typo in my original post. 'JT' gives you 15% off. $157.68 is what I get. And I am sure that 'jt' works - i tried it yesterday but the 30% for 1st timers you have to call in to get. Regardless $157.68 is good. I just waiting till I am ready to buy a bunch more stuff so that I dont watse my 1 time discount.

4. kilokore

kilokore Active Member

o it's 15 PERCENT?????? i thought it was flat 15 bucks. Im about to order my pair right now hahah SHOOT

Okay. I called. The rep tells me I can't take more than 30% off on anything on revolve. So the 15% thing is pretty much useless.

Should I still get it for $185??

Man I was content to pay 170 (when I thought it was $15 off with JT) but now that it's 185 I suddently don't know. fuck i'm so weak.

5. nomovement

nomovement Senior member

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

They still fit great, and to this day I've only seen a total of 4 or 5 other men or women wearing Nudies, ever.

No reason to drop them at this point.

7. twin8885

twin8885 Senior member

Geez, I feel stupid now, I guess I stand corrected, I really hate untitled. where is espace?

sorry, there are a lot of daytraders walking around chicago with big diesel logos on their asses and I don't want to risk looking like one of those guys-I really like the fit of the nudies;and the denim feels really great. So, in answers to all of your questions:
    no, I work at a shop called espace that you've never been to or heard of
    also, untitled has them now-see?
    nudies at pitchfork-it was like 97 and 40% humidity...
    I'm going to buy some on friday;
    but, I'm going to sit down and tear out the stitching. I'll post pics

8. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

They still fit great, and to this day I've only seen a total of 4 or 5 other men or women wearing Nudies, ever.

No reason to drop them at this point.

I've only seen one and that was in Beijing! HAHAHAHAH [​IMG]

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I've only seen one and that was in Beijing! HAHAHAHAH [​IMG]

They are definitely not that common around Boston. Apart from me, I've only seen them on a few guys. One a Dutch postdoc in my group who thinks that the hype around Nudies in the States is hilarious, and the prices ridiculous. The others are Swedish exchange students. I have definitely seen more and more of Nudies showing up in NYC and even more in LA though.

10. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

The beauty of it is if you can wear the hell out of them, before all these people start buying them dry... then you can be like, "They are so two years ago. BTW check out the distress I got on mine. No big deal. I am into Japanese denim now."

I have seen one person in Santa Barbara wearing them and one in Santa Monica at the Promenade. No reason to be alarmed. I still love my Nudies. When I see jocks wearing them, then maybe the back pocket stitching comes off, but I will still wear them.

11. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Yeah, they definitely aren't done. I'm kinda thinking about getting another pair, maybe Sven's this time. I'll probably get suckered into something else though.

12. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Obligatory dead denim joke:

Nudies are bereft of life. Pushing up the daisies, they have joined the choir invisible!

13. nomovement

nomovement Senior member

WHo the hell is Sergio Valente? And why should anyone care if Nudies are in or not? I thought that the cut & denim quality mattered anyway, not the name.

does this mean that the thread has come full circle? I gave in, thanks to the sf community, earlier today. look for pics of my de-branded nudie's next week. And, yeah, I agree, nudie is prob the best-if not one of the better (don't want to piss of the earnest sewn fam) mass market brands. And, at least a perfect embodiement of the raw denim movement-which means it will become a trend and then mass appeal; but by then, who knows what we'll be doing..

14. advan031

advan031 Senior member

Indy must suck then because I have yet to see someone wearing Nudie...hmm

15. DNW

DNW Senior member

look for pics of my de-branded nudie's next week.

If it doesn't have the Nudie stitching, and nobody knows it's Nudie, is it still a pair of Nudie? [​IMG]