• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nude straight sven selvage v. rb15 selvage? which one do i pick?

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The SS has a pretty unique cut that no other jean has, to my knowledge. They are the perfect fit, in my opinion if you have a relatively lean body type. The RB15 are really cool too. Try them both on and see which one fits you best!

Brian SD

Reaction score
I'd say go with the R&B. The Nudie fit is good, for sure, but R&B is in a different league in every other regard. Plus the R&B fit *is* really good. I just can't say if I like it more than the Svens.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say that it depends on what you are looking for. Both jeans fit well, the RB15 considerably slimmer than the Svens, and with a slight taper compared to the true Sven straightleg. If you are looking for a beat around jean that has a good fit and will give you a good fade, go with the Sven. If you are looking for a more versatile jean (Nudies, with their orange stitching and back pocket design, are, imo, strictly casual) and want to keep the darker cast for a longer time, go for the RB15. I would say that the RB6 is actually more versatile than the RB15. Best thing is just to go to a store and try them on. Where are you located? Both brands have pretty wide distribution.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have both of these jeans and love them both. I think the Sven is a slightly better fit for me, but the R&B is a bit higher quality, which is not to say that the Nudie isn't a very high quality jean. For $130 or whatever some ppl were paying for the RB15s, they're a no brainer, as the Sven can't be gotten too cheaply for the most part, $160 or so is about the lowest.

bsyde82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I'd say that it depends on what you are looking for. Both jeans fit well, the RB15 considerably slimmer than the Svens, and with a slight taper compared to the true Sven straightleg. If you are looking for a beat around jean that has a good fit and will give you a good fade, go with the Sven. If you are looking for a more versatile jean (Nudies, with their orange stitching and back pocket design, are, imo, strictly casual) and want to keep the darker cast for a longer time, go for the RB15. I would say that the RB6 is actually more versatile than the RB15. Best thing is just to go to a store and try them on. Where are you located? Both brands have pretty wide distribution.

Im up in seattle, WA and i haven't seen either around...not that i've looked very hard...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
Im up in seattle, WA and i haven't seen either around...not that i've looked very hard...

Um, Ian, Scott Kuhlmann, and Blackbird, to begin with? Is there a Barneys? Dude, just look up shops on citysearch or in your local yellow book.

ironman

Reaction score
Those Rb15s sound killer. Do they come in a 30" inseam?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads