1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Nubuck conditioner? & brushes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by enigma77, Jan 20, 2010.

1. enigma77

enigma77 Senior Member

Hi folks,

I have a pair of nubuck shoes that I never conditioned because they were cheap, but they got dirty (with tahini, if you must know) and I'm looking to clean them. I've got some nubuck cleaner and a brush and eraser on order, etc, but am thinking once I get the shoe clean that I should condition it.

My question is: Can I use regular leather conditioner on nubuck shoes? Or is there such thing as nubuck conditioner? If I can just use the regular stuff, I'll slap some Lexol on it...

Oh, and while I'm asking questions, do people have experience with this Lexol leather "dressing" that claims to condition while not darkening the shoe?

http://www.amazon.com/Lexol-1415-Nea...dp/B0002FEEQY/

Just curious. I'd be interested in a run down of all the different Lexol cleaning/conditioning products and their various differences if someone wants to take the time to do that...

2. click here

click here Senior Member

I would also like to know about this! Could someone answer his questions?

3. entrero

entrero Distinguished Member

Nopes, there's none. Brush and hope for no major accidents.

4. pvrhye

pvrhye Distinguished Member

I have a pair of cheap nubuck beaters. Oil tends to stay even with products, but regular stains come out quick with a little wire brush action.

5. Larson McCord

Larson McCord Senior Member