• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nubuck alligator or crocodile shoes made to measure or bespoke

alford78

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and honestly could not find hardly any information about nubuck alligator or crocodile shoes so searched for a forum to ask around for help. EDIT* Don't know if this should go here or in made to order section after browsing the forum a little longer so Mods please move if necessary and sorry if I posted in wrong section on my first post lol.

I have been wearing exotic skin shoes and belts for quite some time with pretty good luck as far as care except for my first and only attempt at touching up my first pair of croc loafers which I still have in case I eventually find a way to restore them (all suggestions welcome lol).

Now to my main topic. I really want a few pairs of nubuck finished croc or gator shoes but only see them by LV and a couple shoemakers but the LVs are way out of my price range ($7,000 USD) and can't find a price on the shoemakers sites; although, I do have an email out to one of them.

Does anyone know a reasonable place/shoemaker that can provide a good nubuck shoe at a reasonable price. I really don't want to go bespoke unless the maker has a system of walking me through a moulding process and I mail it to them for the last to be made.

I have found some really nice looking belts and watch straps but that's pretty much it. I don't want to order a belt until figure out the shoe situation but plan on getting some watch straps since they don't have to match the texture of my attire.

And, if anyone can lend a hand to help me read about the process nubuck gator/croc is made that would be great too. I literally am coming up blank in my searches. Is it some sort of trade secret that is passed down or is it not popular for some reason? I just think the suede look on some loafers or any other type of dressier shoe for that matter would go better with business/casual/denim etc... than the shiny shoes I have. They are just so comfortable I wear all my slip-ons with everything lol.

So if anyone knows a shoemaker that keeps nubuck in stock or would accept me supplying them with the leather please let me know. I can probably source the nubuck finished leather if it absolutely came down to it but wouldn't have a CLUE to its quality which could end up being a waste until found the proper supplier.

Thanks for your time and seems like a great forum!
Al

Last edited:

alford78

Reaction score
Bump.

I've been emailing a bunch of leather/belt/shoe makers and still haven't gotten anywhere other than a wholesaler telling me he would sell me some nubuck alligator belts as long as I bought two lol.

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bump.

I've been emailing a bunch of leather/belt/shoe makers and still haven't gotten anywhere other than a wholesaler telling me he would sell me some nubuck alligator belts as long as I bought two lol.

Try GG, Hiro Yanagimachi, St.C, Vass, Enzo Bonafe, and Stefano Bemer. Good luck

alford78

Reaction score

Try GG, Hiro Yanagimachi, St.C, Vass, Enzo Bonafe, and Stefano Bemer. Good luck

Thank you for some options! I will check them out. But who is St C?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads