1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

nSuited- Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by mainy, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agnelli413

Agnelli413 Senior member

Best of luck! All the best for the great venture ahead! [​IMG]

2. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Senior member

Thanks x 2!

3. Xenos

Xenos Senior member

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángele
    Wow! This is a really cool, interesting venture! I wish you all the best!

Awesome!

4. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Senior member

Thanks! As I recall, you're a 40r...

[​IMG]

5. Greg613

Greg613 Senior member

I am in love with this jacket. Good luck guys!

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Gonna need some more pictures in this piece. I want stockroom pr0n

7. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

Just want to post a quick plug for Connor. I PM'd him some specs of what I was looking for and sent $15 to his Paypal account. Within a week I had five awesome Belvest jackets on my doorstep that ran the spectrum: 3 roll 2, two buttons; center and dual vent; tweed and flannel; structured and unstructured. I ended up deciding to keep the green and orange tweed below. For anyone unfamiliar with Belvest, this is really nice stuff. The only tailoring I think I'll have done is to have the sleeves dropped a half inch or so. Connor emailed me a return shipping label, I'll drop the money into his Paypal account, and drop off the other four to UPS in the morning. I could not ask for a more pleasant online shopping experience, especially given the prices.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

That looks great on you.

9. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Senior member

Thanks, Spoo! I just need Fall to hurry up and get here so I can wear it. Having had no prior real world experience with Belvest, I was very pleased with the fit. I'll definitely be trying out some more items from Connor.

I have NO occasion to wear formal attire, but all these pictures of tuxes and velvet jackets got me thinking I'm really wanting like a dinner jacket. I'm thinking I wouldn't look too out of place at my company's annual Christmas dinner in a dinner jacket because a couple of guys wear tuxes every year, even though it's not a black tie event. Am I crazy for thinking about taking up very limited closet space with a jacket or tux I'll wear--at most--once a year? I don't want to be the weirdo forcing my Belvest tux at Outback just because I scored a sweet deal and am looking for any opportunity to wear it. What occasions do you guys have for wearing a tux/dinner jacket?

10. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

I'm a little late to the game here, but I just signed up and I'm VERY excited for this. Belvest is one of my favorite brands. I'm still kicking myself for not bidding on a NWT Belvest peacoat.

11. MattR

MattR Senior member

Very cool concept

Good luck guys

12. grendel

grendel Senior member

Very excited for this! Congrats on the website getting going.

13. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Good luck with this gentleman, I signed up on your site and am looking forward to your opening.

14. mainy

mainy Senior member

I haven't talked to Matt yet, but I think we're going to do a Beta sale soon, which will involve some very very good deals. If you haven't signed up for the mailing list yet - Do eeeeeeeeeeet.

15. grendel

grendel Senior member

Are you still doing the box-o-jackets? I dropped you a note with what I'm looking for.

16. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I just got a huge box from Connor, and it's got some seriously nice stuff. Right now, I am between a black cashmere casual corded jersey casual, and a charcoal wool/cashmere checked jacket. The checked jacket fits... perfectly, through the shoulders, the collar, the sleeves, everything. There is probably about 1/2 and inch more in the waist that I am comfortable with, but by CM standards, the fit is perfect. Wife loves it. Trying to decide between the two. The real kicker is deciding whether I have the balls to wear a flannel, but otherwise "formal" jacket with a slouchy tee, saggy jeans, and sneaker boots, or whether I will wuss out and get the casual jacket (though I already have lots of black casual jackets).

Hmmm... so from the above, I think that I have pretty much made up my mind, but will give in a few days to actually decide. I would probably get the checked jacket tightened up slightly at the waist so that it's clear that I am playing the the proportions - a slim jacket opening up toe a really baggy, casual, bottom.

17. SpooPoker

Fok, when in doubt you know what you have to do, right?

18. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

There's clearly a joke there, but it's too easy. Now, tell me about the jackets.

19. SpooPoker

Really no joke there - I meant you have to buy both.

But, if forced to pick, I would go with the black. Dont stray from your SWD roots if you dont see yourself reaching for a plaid flannel without thinking twice about it.

20. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

This thread really needs more pictures (fit pics) of said jackets [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.