Now is this a BIKE?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Britalian, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

Not sure how long this would last on cobbled streets. [​IMG] By anglital

2. caelte

caelte Senior member Dubiously Honored

out on the docks behind the Blue Parrot Cafe
    Love this bike! I'll try and keep it off the cobblestones.[​IMG] I'll use it in the morning when I'm off to get green eggs and ham.
    Not sure how long this would last on cobbled streets. [​IMG] By anglital

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Sort of reminds me of something that would have come out of Memphis.

4. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

In the mid 90's when mountainbiking was taking off, this was the bike I lusted after, the Cannondale prototype bike from designer Pong:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, it never saw production.

The other dream bike for me was the Bradbury Mantiou FS which I able buy. Mine was like the pic below, except I had the Bradbury Manitou cnc'ed aheadset, and Nukeproof carbon hubs.

[​IMG]

5. dokelroth

dokelroth Senior member

I quit biking when I got a drivers liscense.

6. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

T4Phage,

I think that you're lucky that the Cannondale prototype never went into production and thus you didn't have the opportunity to buy it, as it looks like it would have weighed a ton!

I remember when Cannondale first brought out a full-suspension production model - it came in lime green, with pink highlights. I knew a couple who owned a bike shop near me, and they bought a pair. They were mainly interested in road riding, but would go off-road on weekends for fun. The Cannondale bikes gave them no advantage at all, despite the full-suspension. They ended up getting thrashed by far-lighter and more responsive hardtail models. After a few weekends, they stopped coming on our weekend rides.

In the early 90s, I lusted after a Kestrel carbon fibre MTB frame with Shimano XT gruppo. Way out of my price range, though. I remember that Giant introduced some CF-framed bikes in the mid-90s, but I ended up going with a burnished-aluminium GT.

The Manitou is a lovely-looking bike - there's just something innately appealing about a well-appointed hardtail with good frame geometry.

I can't say I really like the look of the bike in the first post - from a practical standpoint, there's no facility to adjust the seat height, handlebar reach or stem geometry.

7. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

In the mid 90's when mountainbiking was taking off, this was the bike I lusted after, the Cannondale prototype bike from designer Pong:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, it never saw production.

The other dream bike for me was the Bradbury Mantiou FS which I able buy. Mine was like the pic below, except I had the Bradbury Manitou cnc'ed aheadset, and Nukeproof carbon hubs.

[​IMG]

I think you need a bigger frame.