1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

now here's an interestin Srow suit....

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The_Foxx, Jun 3, 2005.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

2. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior member

Double breasted with a vest?

3. pejsek

pejsek Senior member

I would steer clear of this suit. This is not bespoke Tommy Nutter. I've seen that label before and it's from a licensed line of rtw clothing that doesn't seem to have anything in common with the SR Tommy Nutter--except the name, of course.

4. Fashionslave

Fashionslave Senior member

I concur-It's been offered before --originally sold in a London dept store much like the Kilgour and Gieves&Hawkes lines here at Barneys.That's the closest it would get to "The Row".

5. pejsek

pejsek Senior member

One of my great clothing regrets is passing up a beautiful Tommy Nutter knee-length sb cashmere coat with peaked lapels that dated back to the early 1970s. The thrift store had wanted $50, a price I found truly shocking at the time. So when the time machine is invented...

6. Phil

Phil Senior member

Double breasted suits often had vests in the 20's and 30's. Sure, seems like overkill to me, but those were the days before good indoor heat and global warming.

7. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

Nutter's heyday was the late 60s to mid 70s. If you search the term here or on AA, you will find threads I started when I found a 1974 bespoke Nutter blazer and was trying to find out more about him.

Later Nutter RTW I know much less about.

I do like the vest tho'.

8. Fashionslave

Fashionslave Senior member

Wow.I feel your pain,man.I'd surely be kickin' myself over that Nutter coat.$50 can seem like alot at a thrift store.Yea,there seems to be a number of thrift stores with consignment store prices lately.I was in the Westport,CT Goodwill a few days ago.Nothing earthshattering found,but a Canali suit had a price tag of $150.... I think if a Brioni or Kiton passed through,it would slip through the radar and sell for the usual $10.00 price of the ubiquitous Perry Ellis stuff.

9. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

If wearing a SB vest with DB jacket, it should have no lapels.