• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Novice Suit Help!

xoulsinz

Reaction score
Sorry that I'm stirring the thread into a different direction but can anyone in the Los Angles area tell me where I can find some good suits in 36? I checked ehaberdasher and they don't seem to have much selection in my size. Am I out of luck and should look into MTM of bespoke? Thanks~

xoulsinz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shoe City Thinker
Don't buy a side vent if your butt sticks out. Sorry for being blunt but if you have a prominent posterior you will look like a horse's ass (literally!).

Would you recommend center vent or no vent in this particular case? Thanks!

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ The M. Valentino Milano cut is the slimmest line he carries and are pretty good quality. Much better than what you'd find at MW or JAB. Decent selection of styles and Long sizes too.

Half canvassed jackets, dual vent, high armholes, pants lined to the knee, flat front, and decent fabrics. Buttons are kinda plasticy/crappy looking but they're easily replaced.

If you email him directly and mention you're on Styleforum then he will likely cut you a deal compared to his eBay prices.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xoulsinz
Sorry that I'm stirring the thread into a different direction but can anyone in the Los Angles area tell me where I can find some good suits in 36? I checked ehaberdasher and they don't seem to have much selection in my size. Am I out of luck and should look into MTM of bespoke? Thanks~

We have a few fully canvassed Benjamin suits in size 36R (and most other sizes as well):

http://store.ehaberdasher.com/Categories.bok?$catalog.Oem=Benjamin&keyword=36r

These are a fantastic value and we still have the 16.66% promotion (BENSFDISC). This also includes the suit separates so you can purchase the pants separately, or get a 2nd pair which is a great option. Free domestic returns also for the Benjamini clothing line off our site, and for more info on the line click on the link below!

These are by far outselling the Valentino Roma suits - even though the Valentino suits are only $299.99.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads