1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Note to styleforum readers:  This is the preferred

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dorian, Apr 27, 2005.

1. dorian

dorian Senior member

2. marc237

marc237 Senior member

My dad always said: "Son, learn a trade." Guess he was wrong.

3. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

Yeah well... My little tribute to our departed member who decided to engage me with the pen but was banned before I had a chance to really dig into my creative writing skills...

4. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

What's the last on those, Chuck? Not my size, but just curious.

5. Tyto

Tyto Senior member

Truly, a great measure of a thread is the number of quotes/paraphrases that appear in subsequent threads.

Not only that, with this listing, we may tie a thread that resulted in one banning with a thread that resulted in another by asking, simply, whether one can wear those tassel loafers with a suit?

6. Stu

Stu Senior member

Let's ask if they can be worn with black suit and we'll hit the trifecta.

7. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Who was banned? What did I miss?

8. Panzeraxe

Panzeraxe Senior member

(Carlo @ April 27 2005,17:48) Yeah well... My little tribute to our departed member who decided to engage me with the pen but was banned before I had a chance to really dig into my creative writing skills...
    Who was banned? Â What did I miss?
    Yes - who was banned?

9. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

'Twas policy. He came unglued in a thread about Chan suits.

10. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Senior member

Has been worn with a casual suit (gray flannel or plaid) and a buttondown shirt for many years, especially if you're older (in some cases, much older). But few will endorse it here, even if they're Edward Green, and few will endorse it on Ask Andy (different result if they were cordovan).

Even though I like the look, I don't wear it myself, if only to make use of my semi-brogues.

11. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

LOL - Cusey, you tell me, it's either 010 (in one pair) or 9174 in the other pair... I have two pairs that look identical.

Bry/Panzer - yes do read that thread, next time there is a joke about me rolling around with a man on my supple fabrics you'll be very confused if you haven't read Policy's thesis on why I'm an asshole and why he is a genius.

...My counter would have been worth getting the popcorn and beer out for but alas, Hans Grueder threw him from the top of the Nakatomi office tower.

...and of course Nakatomi Tower wasn't good quality because it did not have a British name and we are all effeminate, Anglophilic, Racist trade school dropouts with questionable sexuality. This must be the case because we had the temerity to point out to the dearly departed Rebel Without a Clue that his ignorance of matters sartorial was only exceeded by his delusions of mediocrity as a debater.

Sorry, must go study for my GED now.

12. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

'delusions of mediocrity'...i'm not even sure what that means, but it's funny. sounds like a good indie band name.

13. Carlo

Carlo Senior member

He questioned my intellect, educational background and sexuality - he never suggested I wasn't humorous.

14. dorian

dorian Senior member

LOL....