• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Not the Type of Publicity That Ferrari Wants

Full Canvas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Undoubtedly, some of the forum members will recall the thread last year about the inebriated Aussie that couldn't decide which side of a Perth street his Ferrari 360 Modena Spider belonged on. Everyone had a good laugh and the driver suffered more shame than true physical injury.

Well, Australian fellows are a pretty macho bunch. Less than two years later another guy in Adelaide decided he could outdo the guy in Perth. The Adelaide gent took his 360 Modena Berlinetta on a similar jaunt.

A friend of mine in Adelaide sent me the link about a month ago and I am finally getting around to posting images of the results. This is the type of "Pole Position" that Ferrari would just as soon see disappear from the headlines.

Adelaide - 2008

Ferrari-360GTBModenaPolePostionAdel.jpg

Perth - 2007

Ferrari-360GTSPolePostiionPerth2007.jpg

___

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Damn, what's it gonn take to actually topple those poles? The Aussie street pole is a solid object.

Mauby

Reaction score
I suppose it's better than Eddie Griffith's accident covered by the entire media. Now that was bad publicity.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

jase12

Reaction score
in the perth pic, the ferrari obviously just has a lousy turning circle
laugh.gif

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the guy in the black modena not DEAD?

bkk

Reaction score
I wouldn't care if I were Ferrari. Just because the people who drive their cars can't drive...

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Damn, what's it gonn take to actually topple those poles? The Aussie street pole is a solid object.

I thought the same thing. Man, we could take a lessons or two on how to build poles. All the poles on my street are crooked.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bkk
I wouldn't care if I were Ferrari. Just because the people who drive their cars can't drive...

My thoughts exactly.

If anything, the fact that the driver and passenger escaped with only minor injuries, speaks well of the car's safety in such a crash.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dude was going fast though to drive that poll that deep into the front end.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Full Canvas
Dumb luck and airbags allowed the driver and his passenger to receive only "minor injuries" in this mess.

___

Of course airbags are great, but I doubt that is the main reason the guys were not badly injured. That level of safety is probably possible because of the construction. The more expensive sports cars have a monocoque design (made of aluminum or carbon fiber) which is similar to race cars.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
The more expensive sports cars have a monocoque design (made of aluminum or carbon fiber) which is similar to race cars.

I have a monocoque design as well.
rimshot.gif

83glt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Dude was going fast though to drive that poll that deep into the front end.
Well, isn't it just empty space in front anyway? Isn't the engine mounted behind the passenger compartment?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads