• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Not sure about which pair I should buy

Busted

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I don't wear dress pants (wool ones) yet, but i'm close to with cotton pants with crease, pences of various lenghts (to the ankle for example); the only jeans I wear are dark indaco ones.

With that said, I'm torn since a bit between two different kind of dress shoes

and

I don't use suit yet, but i wanted to level up my game shoes with one of these (i have gomminos and chelsea boots too, but wanted something in smooth leather not suede). I mostly use beige, brown, blue pants so i'd rather go for the monks but I still consider them a bit too formal, while the brogues are pebbled leather, less formal but still black and doesn't really match the colors i use the most.

What you guys say?

Oh, if you have any other suggestion, it would be great too!

Busted

Reaction score
I like the answers. No reasons. This is convincing me to get the monks though lol

Bureaucrat

Reaction score
Thanks!

Brown monks will be then! Could get the suede one too, how about this?
Suede is more versatile in a wardrobe that's more casual and is seldom out of place in most outfits, especially a suede double-monk that goes great with a range of options. But that doesn't mean that the posted DMs are out of place with casual outfits, far from it. Just a tad easier with suede. But it boils down to personal preference.

I would advice against buying that same shoe in both calf and suede, you get far more variation by buying another model in suede/calf, considering you clearly don't have a wide shoe-rotation (yet).

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's