1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Not my day ...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Luc-Emmanuel, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Distinguished Member

Just dropped my rollerball pen on my trousers (off white satin cotton), and I have a nice black ink stain on it. [​IMG] Any alternatives to dry cleaning ? The same thing happened to one of my shirt, and laundering it didn't make the stain disappear. I hope dry cleaning will be okay ... Luc

2. philosophe

philosophe Distinguished Member

Ouch. Pens are a menace to light colored clothing. I've had mixed results with stain removers but my drycleaner always seems to have some magic technique. Good luck.

3. Carlo

Carlo Distinguished Member

OOOOH.... totally depends on the ink. You should talk to a cleaners. I know some products here (Carbona makes a good ink remover) but don't know if it is in France.

4. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Distinguished Member

Well, I'm pretty confident in my dry cleaner skills. I will bring him the pants after work.
    He's been able to remove melted brown tapeduct from a cotton pants before... But I never brought him ink stains. Now, I know they probably have some magic detergent for it.

Thanks.
    Luc

5. lisapop

lisapop Senior Member

What a shame.
    Grayson

6. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Distinguished Member

Rubbing alcohol or hairspray.

7. Cliff

Cliff Senior Member

I have had good luck in the past with this type of stain by using hairspray. I read this somewhere long ago and had an occasion to try it. It worked.

Don't rub. Take the hairspray, hold the can about four inches away and wet the stain, blot until the stain is gone.

Good luck.

8. Etruscan

Etruscan Senior Member

StyleStudent is right: rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) or hairspray that includes it (possibly as a propellant?) removes most ink stains as if by magic.