• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Not buying outside anymore?

Do you buy most of your things from SF?

• Yes

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • No

Votes: 34 75.6%

• Total voters

cliche

Reaction score
I have noticed something, since I registered here i'm not buying clothes outside anymore. Im starting to buy here from SF directly because of the good prices since most of it is also new items.

Do you feel the same?

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fine if you want second hand cast off clothes but not for me.

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A lot of the stuff in these forums are brand new from members who either (A) purchased at a steep discount and are reselling or (B) have buyer's remorse and would rather have some money back but are out of the time window for returns.

Most of my experiences have been good, in particular on brand new shoes and ties since the fit is usually standard for a brand. I am a lot more hesitant about buying shirts/suits/pants, etc. since fit varies too much and I want to try the items on.

cliche

Reaction score
Thats right im finding brand new shirt for half of the price.

Last edited:

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Yes, I do feel the same...... I barely buy brand name thing from brick and mortar stores with the exception of TJ Maxx or Marshall anymore....... There are too many deals here which are too good to resist.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy very few of my clothes through SF -- it was a moderate number to begin with but pretty much zero since the changeover -- though without a doubt there are great deals on offer.

If you mean online in general, and not just the SF Buy&Sell section, then I wholeheartedly agree. Salespeople tend to annoy me, and their wages just raise already-exorbitant Canadian prices even further. If I buy something online, I don't have to go anywhere or put up with anyone eagerly clingy, the prices are lower, and the selection is better.

Last edited:

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i meant yes so the poll is off by one :D

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Online shopping is the only shopping. The only way I could find the clothes I like, in my city, would be if I dug a hole in the earth and found my way to Italy.

benny

Reaction score
I try to buy from retail stores but if I find a better deal online then I of course I'd grab those too. For me, it boils down to who gives a better deal, given my preferences with the items.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Same here, and most of it's in the USA. So I tend to buy new clothes locally.from retail stores and indoor markets.

Last edited:

duggyald

Reaction score
I prefer online shopping, it is more convenient for busy people like us.

gyalos

Reaction score

I was just having this conversation today - I haven't bought a pair of shoes in a B&M store in a few years, at least.

So I gather that you have narrowed down (no pun) your size in most brands? Although I find it easy and convenient to order things like ties and scarfs online, somehow I am hesitant to pull the trigger on shoes, since there seems no definitive way to figure out one's size unless one tries it on in a real store. Am I missing something here?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

So I gather that you have narrowed down (no pun) your size in most brands? Although I find it easy and convenient to order things like ties and scarfs online, somehow I am hesitant to pull the trigger on shoes, since there seems no definitive way to figure out one's size unless one tries it on in a real store. Am I missing something here?

Yeah, there has been lots of trial and error, but once you finally nail down your size, its great.

cliche

Reaction score
Of course some things you MUST buy in a store to see if it fits or whatever. But i'm saying that im going out less to the city to take a look and maybe buy something (and thats what I did before I got a user here)

But now im finding nwt shirts, ties and many other things for a bargain that makes me go less to the city for shopping. But shoes I never buy here allwas in the store (but how often do you buy shoes maybe 1-2 times per year)

Crazy thing that I even buy my socks here now haha!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads