• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nose studs on saleswomen and teller OK?

hchamp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CTGuy
Your vitriol towards me is unnessary and frankly offensive. You have no class yourself. You had a good opportunity to apologize, but did not take it.

pax.

Aplogize for what?! Having high standards? And "vitriol"?! You're delusional, son. Now we know the truth about "your friends from MIT" with the tattoos.

hchamp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Now it all makes sense. I didn't realize when you went to the bank you were looking for a new serious love partner.

Originally Posted by Brian SD
I've never met an educated, well-off man who is amused by cunnilingus Einsteinus (i.e. he's beneath me).

I could see how LAGuy and M@T could be moderators, but I always wondered how you managed that trick. Your posts in this thread do nothing to dispel that mystery for me. If anything, they only deepen it.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hchamp
It's precisely that I'd be appalled that I scrutinize front-line people so closely.

And none of the girls from MIT, Harvard, Berkeley, etc that I know - who are also doctors and investment bankers - have tattoos or body piercings. You sure your friends are really who they say they are?

Hopefully this will get locked or you'll get banned before I post this, but I can't resist. What a totally absurd response. You think I am making this up? Why? Several of the girls happen to be indian or asian and I am pretty sure the people I went to law school and college with were in fact...in college...and in law school... You can be as pissed off as you want about that, but don't lash out or act like a dick toward me because you're too much of a stodgy, white, amjack to deal.

And why the hell should I "get with the times"? I have my own standards, and I'm not going to change them just because some kid calls me names!
No one called you names, but it certainly didn't take you long to act like a badly behaved 12 year old whose mommy wouldn't give him a pudding cup.

Look. "whore" is a strong word and I used it for dramatic effect.
Yes, but clearly it was classless and unnessary of you to use it. You may not have been here long, but if you're not here for a civil discussion-- then go elsewhere.

But the fact is all guys have standards when it comes to women they'd consider for a serious relationship. And the women who don't make the cut are thought of as "not good enough", "ugly", "stupid", "slutty", "no class", whatever. All guys do this. So I'm not the only one who disparages women in this way.
You're right. I am sure women ******* LOVE you. I bet you get so much ***** you have to beat them off with a stick.

My standards just happen to be high which forces most women into the "whore" category. But bfd. They're MY standards. I can put them wherever I want.
Put them somewhere else.

hchamp

Reaction score
If everyone who's ever made a sexist remark were to be banned, there wouldn't be three people left on this board.

GROW UP.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well luckily for everyone out there in the world, this scenario works out perfectly.

hchamp judges, over generalizes, and belittles those he doesn't deem worthy of his business, patronage, or his respect. It makes him feel superior (whether he is or not) and it gives him some amusing and trite "dating guidelines" that he will absolutely not erode, and which he also applies to every interaction, regardless of whether it is appropriate or not to do so. Peircing = whore. Tattoo = criminal, while completely insane, inaccurate, and to the rest of the world "unreasonable" serves as his security blanket. He just doesn't feel safe knowing that someone with a tiny extra hole in their body, with a jewel stuck through it, could possibly be educated, classy, chaste, or in actuality, anything other than a sexually promiscuous, untrustworthy vixen.

And on the other hand, we have peircings, tattoos, and etc. are commonly used to draw morally antiquated, judgemental, out of touch, morons to the surface so that they can be shunned by society.
So that the intolerant can be publicly ridiculed and exposed as the trifling, hateful, petty bastards that they usually end up being. For this end, they work flawlessly.

Especially in this case, It looks like another rousing success!

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hchamp
If everyone who's ever made a sexist remark were to be banned, there wouldn't be three people left on this board.

GROW UP.

Dude-- you're either a colossal ass or an internet troll. Either way-- get a life.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coming into this discussion kind of late, my view is this. Nose studs used to really gross me out 30-odd years. Living in LA has probably inured me to them. I now think they can be kind of cute and sassy on some girls. Still, I don't think they enhance a dignified professional image in the least.

I don't like other facial piercings (except for earrings) at all--eyebrow, lip, etc. I sometimes see young men with rings through their noses like Elmer the Bull. Pretty pathetic way to get attention, IMO.

Tattoos that are visible when one is clad are probably inimical to professional advancement. I do not like tattoos that extend on the neck or face at all. Excessive tattoo coverage strikes me as sort of gross as well.

Pierced belly buttons are so ubiquitous that they are practically a hallmark of a hot girl these days. My stepson's girlfriend--a lovely, refined girl--and my wife's niece, who just got a Fullbright Scholarship, both have pierced navels. Obviously, belly button rings should not be on display in a business setting.

Pierced nipples and labia can be very piquant on nude models. Still, I'd be sort of freaked if my wife did either, at least at her age. Again, unless a young lady is a nude model, Appreciation star, stripper or something similar, these are not for public display!

Just my $.02.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
whore!
scarlett_johansson_nose_ring.jpg

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the tongue ring....

Scarlett looks awful in my opinion. That second earring looks just as bad. The placement of her rings doesn't look so much slutty as degenerate.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
whore!

scarlett_johansson_nose_ring.jpg

Wow, I didn't know she has one of those.

I raise you a criminal...

angelinajolie61ln0.jpg

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
Too bad this thread is destined to be "moved". Only the good die young.
musicboohoo[1].gif

See, that's funny....
laugh.gif

I wonder what the poor teller would think of all this...
tounge.gif

hchamp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Well luckily for everyone out there in the world, this scenario works out perfectly.

hchamp judges, over generalizes, and belittles those he doesn't deem worthy of his business, patronage, or his respect. It makes him feel superior (whether he is or not) and it gives him some amusing and trite "dating guidelines" that he will absolutely not erode, and which he also applies to every interaction, regardless of whether it is appropriate or not to do so. Peircing = whore. Tattoo = criminal, while completely insane, inaccurate, and to the rest of the world "unreasonable" serves as his security blanket. He just doesn't feel safe knowing that someone with a tiny extra hole in their body, with a jewel stuck through it, could possibly be educated, classy, chaste, or in actuality, anything other than a sexually promiscuous, untrustworthy vixen.

And on the other hand, we have peircings, tattoos, and etc. are commonly used to draw morally antiquated, judgemental, out of touch, morons to the surface so that they can be shunned by society.
So that the intolerant can be publicly ridiculed and exposed as the trifling, hateful, petty bastards that they usually end up being. For this end, they work flawlessly.

Especially in this case, It looks like another rousing success!

Well, we can see why this fellow is not a moderator.

TS - why do you stalk me around this board? It never fails that wherever I go, you follow.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here is what Adolf Loos wrote about men with tattoos. I can imagine what you'll write about females with assorted piercings.

"Tattooed men who are not behind bars are either latent criminals or degenerate aristocrats. If someone who is tattooed dies in freedom, then he does so a few years before he would have committed murder".

hchamp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Coming into this discussion kind of late, my view is this. Nose studs used to really gross me out 30-odd years. Living in LA has probably inured me to them. I now think they can be kind of cute and sassy on some girls. Still, I don't think they enhance a dignified professional image in the least.

I don't like other facial piercings (except for earrings) at all--eyebrow, lip, etc. I sometimes see young men with rings through their noses like Elmer the Bull. Pretty pathetic way to get attention, IMO.

Tattoos that are visible when one is clad are probably inimical to professional advancement. I do not like tattoos that extend on the neck or face at all. Excessive tattoo coverage strikes me as sort of gross as well.

Pierced belly buttons are so ubiquitous that they are practically a hallmark of a hot girl these days. My stepson's girlfriend--a lovely, refined girl--and my wife's niece, who just got a Fullbright Scholarship, both have pierced navels. Obviously, belly button rings should not be on display in a business setting.

Pierced nipples and labia can be very piquant on nude models. Still, I'd be sort of freaked if my wife did either, at least at her age. Again, unless a young lady is a nude model, Appreciation star, stripper or something similar, these are not for public display!

Just my $.02.

Better to not speak the truth on this thread, ol' guy. These young 'uns are sensitive, if ya know what I mean.

hchamp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Here is what Adolf Loos wrote about men with tattoos. I can imagine what you'll write about females with assorted piercings.

"Tattooed men who are not behind bars are either latent criminals or degenerate aristocrats. If someone who is tattooed dies in freedom, then he does so a few years before he would have committed murder".

Tattoos are fine. I just don't want to see them on my banker or my girlfriend. And I'm perfectly entitled to make both demands.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads