• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nose studs on saleswomen and teller OK?

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
inlove.gif
Aww thanks. I'll keep my bitches in line.. No doubt about that.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
It it was an Indian woman with a dot on her head or a Jewish guy with a yamaka (did I even spell that right?) covering his bald spot would you still not go to this bank?

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Yeah, I'm a bit testy today - I've been sick and I'm in the process of reading 24 Cantos of the Faerie Queene.

And as a Journalist, would you mind if I interviewed you? I'm doing an obit on your sense of humor...

Well, if you are doing an obit on my sense of humor then let me direct you to the Rub/tug thread. What I had thought was a humorous comment on the absurd demands of feminists and the frequency of male masturbation was construed as me bragging about how I had Senator Craig "beat" by a mile.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
Well, if you are doing an obit on my sense of humor then let me direct you to the Rub/tug thread. What I had thought was a humorous comment on the absurd demands of feminists and the frequency of male masturbation was construed as me bragging about how I had Senator Craig "beat" by a mile.

Ah, it lives! However frail...ok I'll put in the file until it finally bites the dust...

BTW, why does my career path enrage so many people?

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Ah, it lives! However frail...ok I'll put in the file until it finally bites the dust...

Your career path is fine with me. Im just having fun with the idea,I think first put forward by (oh hell I cant remember his name now but he was that cocksure blowhard/academic guy who I think came from south africa and had written a book on why Israel is an Apartheid state ) - oh yeah, Gladwell, that journalists had the highest IQ of any profession. It just struck me as funny and as you know my humor is on life support. I would provide you with some criticism but I dont think it would be taken well. But what can you expect from a guy like me. I not only look my tellers in the eye but I try to be pleasant to them as well.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Trying too hard buddy. You're getting reamed ********** by your own words.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
^^ Trying too hard buddy. You're getting reamed ********** by your own words.

Trying too hard to do what?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't think it enrages anyone. I think some people have difficulty believing you could ever be impartial.

Augusto86

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I don't think it enrages anyone. I think some people have difficulty believing you could ever be impartial.

Impartiality doesn't mean not having opinions, it means not letting them inform your writing in the appropriate setting.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I've dealt with a lot of saleswomen/female bank tellers who have had their privates pierced.

What bank do you go to?

hchamp

Reaction score
And we all know that people who make moronic statements like this are ignorant asses. Would you object to a young black male bankteller? They have a disproportionate crime rate too...

Asshhole.

I can tell you're not going far in life. So far be it for me to kick someone who's already down for the count.

And if the black teller was dressed like one of those "boyz from the hood", then yeah. I would object. Strongly.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hchamp
One simple and pertinent example - tellers have full access to all of your personal information you've given the bank. They also have access to any funds you have deposited with the bank, including those in any investment accounts. I would feel better dealing with a bank where people at least look like they are honest. Wouldn't you? (And spare me the lecture about making assumptions; you know as well as I that piercings and tattoos are more common among criminals than non-criminals.)

I hate to tell you this, but you are terribly niave. There are literally armies of low level workers you do not see that have total access to your personal information, many with far worse fashion violations than a nose piercing. I don't think you are wrong, but all I am saying is lighten up.

Augusto86

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hchamp
I can tell you're not going far in life. So far be it for me to kick someone who's already down for the count.

And if the black teller was dressed like one of those "boyz from the hood", then yeah. I would object. Strongly.

Hoooo! Big words from a little man.

Man, you are so far behind that I can only assume you are accessing the web via telegraph.

"boyz from the hood?"

Go smoke your pipe and smack around the help, grandpa...you're dull and kind of a prick, too.

hchamp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Now a girl wearing a nose stud = whore? You are old school.

I've never met an intelligent, educated woman who came from a good family, who wore a nose stud, or any other body piercing, for that matter. Not even the East Indian women did.

To me, a woman is either the above, or she's a "whore", "tramp", "not a lady", etc - ie, meaning simply that she is beneath me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads