• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nose job

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I work in the field. I've seen many men who have had nose jobs, most are not satisfied with the results. I would only go get one if your nose is very thick and bulbous or otherwise some kind of ginormous atrocity or crooked...most have unrealistic expectations.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My friend's sister got a noser done in high school. She looked like someone went Mike Tyson on her face - heavy bruising and swelling for at least a couple of weeks if I recall.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My ex girlfriend got a nose job..... the reason she is my ex is because the nose job made her look so much better... she dumped me for some better looking guy. lol

I think nose jobs are great if u need one. ****, you only live once.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Conne's nose is a carbon copy of Bubba Clinton. I would think that with his career aspirations, he would want to keep it.

Eagle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
Why would you get one? One good punch to your nose and there it goes.

I have had my nose broken five times, throughout my life (and possibly a couple more). Other than repositioning it and twice cleaning out scar tissue, the Docs haven't done much other than just allow my body to heal itself. Fortunately, my wife likes the rugged, mangled look!
eh.gif

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
If its to attract the ladies, your nose isn't the problem. I don't know you personally, but from what I gather here and through second hand accounts of conversations you've had with other people... You need a personality job. Unfortunately those usually can't be purchased with your parent's or Kabbaz's money. You might consider volunteering for the Peace Corps or doing mission work in South America or something. Would probably be more helpful to you than a different nose, which in your case is ultimately a completely vain persuit and will likely not have any outward effect in how people see you.
Tokyo Slim has been one of my favorite posters lately.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Conne's nose is a carbon copy of Bubba Clinton. I would think that with his career aspirations, he would want to keep it.
Good point!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
Tokyo Slim has been one of my favorite posters lately.

Me too.
smile.gif

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
What's wrong with the nose? It looks perfectly normal to me...

Nothing. Agreed.

Originally Posted by Night Owl
ugh get that cherry next to your nose removed first

that should be cheap

Perhaps, that could be popped?

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
I work in the field. I've seen many men who have had nose jobs, most are not satisfied with the results. I would only go get one if your nose is very thick and bulbous or otherwise some kind of ginormous atrocity or crooked...most have unrealistic expectations.

That's good advice to any man considering the procedure. Arguably, it makes sense to do a rhinoplasty in a less severe case if a septoplasty is needed. Finally, regarding material stuffed up the nose in surgery, today "packing is not necessary in most cases."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads