• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northampton Calling!

Salsalocust

Reaction score
Hi,

I thought I'd introduce myself after having read the various shoe threads over the months.

As a resident of Northampton, England, I've been listing shoes on Ebay for the past couple of months. I know "hobby selling" doesn't exist and I am above board Mr Taxman (in case you're looking in)

Anyway, I only carry 10 to 20 pairs at a time so my profile is fairly low and I work to a fairly rigid structure.

John Lobb - a couple of pairs every 4-5 weeks - generally 8000 last - Becketts, Luffield, Chapel,Sutton et al.

Crockett & Jones- bench grade - UK Sizes 7 to 11 - C & J branded products only
- handgrade- readily available- but I don't perceive the market to
be there (but I could be persuaded otherwise)

Church - formal black Oxfords/Balmorals - the Italians love them- I take it you
don't over here?

Trickers - heavy, country boots and shoes- brogues as a rule.
Currently have a glorious (genuine shell cordovan) handmade derby
shoe.

Edward Green..... sorry
frown.gif

I know you guys picked up on a JL Chapel I listed and everyone has heard of Sausages234

I'd love you to visit the Ebay shop "English Classic Footwear"

I won't leave my email address as I'm not sure etiquette of the SF site permits me to.

I DO reply to every message I receive.
I DO try to hunt down particular shoes on request.
I only operate through Ebay using Paypal.

Thanks Guys!

( Don't forget those Trickers Piccadillys and there's a smart pair of Brown Suede Luffields finishing soon too!)

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bid on one of your auctions several weeks ago. I didn't win, but I was impressed by your prompt responses to my questions. I think Lobb Prestige models, particularly the monkstraps, would garner a lot of favorable attention.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
FWIW, I'd be interested in C&J handgrades - I'm sure I'm not alone in that here.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
FWIW, I'd be interested in C&J handgrades - I'm sure I'm not alone in that here.
I agree. I think the Weymouth model would be particularly popular. If they are subs, the reserve should probably be set at a level sufficiently low to induce people not to purchase from the popular Malaysian internet seller.

I think C&J Benchgrades on the 348 last (i.e., Drummond, Tetbury) would be quite popular as well.

Lawman

Reaction score
I would be very interested. Can you get shoes in a UK size 12?

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Would you consider selling some here directly? I've grown more comfortable buying shoes here than on eBay. Perhaps you could take requests?

Just a thought.

^^ what the doc said.

mattjames

Reaction score
I very nearly bought an 'Alex' from you a while ago. I check your shop daily, along with the more prolific 'Elite Forum' seller, but you rarely seem to get my size (10UK)

I am interested in a C&J 'Marston' or perhaps 'Rosebery' if you can get them at a good price, in a size 10 UK.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm always interested in 7E prestige Lobbs on the 8000 last

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Salsalocust
I DO reply to every message I receive.
I DO try to hunt down particular shoes on request.
I only operate through Ebay using Paypal.

Would love to see C&J Weymouths plus any JL Prestige in 8000 last too.
I'm sure many of us, including me, would put down a deposit for special requests.
Plus, no eBay fees!

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A special set price for styleforum members would be good. Things usually sell pretty quick here too.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Noooo
wow.gif
the last thing my wallet needs is access to JL at a discount...

Seriously, it'd be a great idea to set yourself up as a 'Northampton liaison' of sorts. Pity the exchange rate is so bad at present, otherwise I may be even more tempted to join in the fun.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Here's a vote for U.S. 11.5, UK 10.5/11.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads