• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

North Sea Clothing

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... no thread on this yet - or maybe I'm not looking hard enough?

www.northseaclothing.co.uk/

Does anyone have any information on North Sea Clothing? I recently came across their website and found they make 2 amazing looking sweaters - the Submariner (£115) and the Expedition (£125). A pretty reasonable price considering how good they look and they're made by hand in the UK.

All I can find is that the man behind the collection is called "Mr Starr" and that he collects (and I guess sells) vintage Belstaff and Barbour. www.mrstarr.co.uk.

Anyway, the Shawl Collar Sweater looks amazing. Any ideas on size and fit?

JMK

Reaction score
Garbstore carries the brand and has sizing.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the stuff looks good. on paper they use excellent materials and seem to pay attention to details, which is what i am into. its priced well too. but **** dude i live in utah, so i wont be able to check this stuff out in person. these guys have the sweaters though: http://www.mrmuddandmrgold.com/en/br...-sea-clothing/

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on the cream t-neck; the price is holding me back though, with shipping that is going to end up around 200USD.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biscotti
I'm about to pull the trigger on the cream t-neck; the price is holding me back though, with shipping that is going to end up around 200USD.

that's very reasonable for a good quality sweater imo. if i didnt just purchase a bunch of sale eg stuff id try the navy anchor collar.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine who is a high quality dresser, buys these jumpers and recommended them to me. He says they are very good indeed. He has the cream submariner
smile.gif

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight
A friend of mine who is a high quality dresser, buys these jumpers and recommended them to me. He says they are very good indeed. He has the cream submariner
smile.gif

lol, wtf is a "dresser?"

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
someone who gets dressed. never heard the phrase " he is a nice dresser " ? it's not this
lol ... yeah.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dresser doofas
tongue.gif

My friend emailed me the following on North Sea:

"The Northsea Clothing is great both in terms of value and quality, I have three jumpers by them and love them. It's possible to get cheaper submariner jumpers, which can also be great, in fact made in the same factory, but make sure it's the 5 gauge ex RN ones, the poorer quality ones shrink and bobble."

^ I'm not sure where he gets the cheaper but same manufacturer ones - I have asked and await an email.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Dresser doofas
tongue.gif

"The Northsea Clothing is great both in terms of value and quality, I have three jumpers by them and love them. It's possible to get cheaper submariner jumpers, which can also be great, in fact made in the same factory, but make sure it's the 5 gauge ex RN ones, the poorer quality ones shrink and bobble."

^ I'm not sure where he gets the cheaper but same manufacturer ones - I have asked and await an email.

no i agree with the "dresser."
smile.gif
i have one of there pieces on my to buy list for 2011.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dresser doofas
tongue.gif

Maybe you could get in touch with your friend (who has 3 of these) and ask about sizing? I saw on the website that you might want to size up of you wanted a looser fit. Perhaps he could offer a bit on info before I get one sent from the UK to NY. Would be a great help!

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hoit1981
Maybe you could get in touch with your friend (who has 3 of these) and ask about sizing? I saw on the website that you might want to size up of you wanted a looser fit. Perhaps he could offer a bit on info before I get one sent from the UK to NY. Would be a great help!

there is a couple retailer links that you could e-mail. that would seem to me to be a better resource then the "dresser." personally, i would e-mail the company themselves ... i would think they know about sizing, yes?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads