• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Norman Hilton S/S 2011?

Preparatory

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2010
Messages
179
Reaction score
11
I loved their sport coats for the last season but what about Summer/Spring? Any words out yet? I've looked around but without any luck.
 

JensenH

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
821
Reaction score
64
Originally Posted by Preparatory
I loved their sport coats for the last season but what about Summer/Spring? Any words out yet? I've looked around but without any luck.

I thought they went out of business many years ago. Are they back?
 

BBC

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2009
Messages
875
Reaction score
4
Originally Posted by JensenH
I thought they went out of business many years ago. Are they back?

Last year Nick Hilton decided to release 6 sport coats modeled on his father's best jackets - natural shoulders, sack cut, etc. (Hampton model, IIRC) Unfortunately, the jackets were only sold through Nick's shop in Princeton so didn't get a lot of press until recently when Christian Chensvold of Ivy-Style.com and a photographer put together the Look Book referenced above (and a new website: www.normanhilton.com). Nick is releasing five new jackets for his spring/summer 2011 collection that should be available through some of the nicer independent men's clothiers - think Ben Silver.

According to what Hilton told Chensvold, the five new 3/2 sack jackets for s/s 2011 are: Tussah (raw Indian) silk in navy and natural, a silk/linen herringbone, a tan linen and a navy worsted hopsack.
 

JensenH

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
821
Reaction score
64
Originally Posted by BBC
Last year Nick Hilton decided to release 6 sport coats modeled on his father's best jackets - natural shoulders, sack cut, etc. (Hampton model, IIRC) Unfortunately, the jackets were only sold through Nick's shop in Princeton so didn't get a lot of press until recently when Christian Chensvold of Ivy-Style.com and a photographer put together the Look Book referenced above (and a new website: www.normanhilton.com). Nick is releasing five new jackets for his spring/summer 2011 collection that should be available through some of the nicer independent men's clothiers - think Ben Silver.

According to what Hilton told Chensvold, the five new 3/2 sack jackets for s/s 2011 are: Tussah (raw Indian) silk in navy and natural, a silk/linen herringbone, a tan linen and a navy worsted hopsack.


Thanks. I had a Nick Hilton suit many years ago and it was on par with HF but not as nice as Oxxford. I think it was worth its price.
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 16 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 81 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 154 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 79 16.7%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 40 8.4%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 28 5.9%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 18 3.8%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 9 1.9%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 13 2.7%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 4 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 4 0.8%
  • 100+

    Votes: 28 5.9%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,563
Messages
9,201,015
Members
193,196
Latest member
manplusvix

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top