• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nordstrom's half-yearly men's sale?

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 45elkton
Any idea which AEs? Probably in the market for a pair or two
smile.gif

Also really enjoy the Natick Collection. That was my go-to when I was living in Boston. Thanks for the info.

The Park Avenues, as mentioned earlier, as well as a double soled brougue in walnut (can't remember the name). Was tempted by those, but got something else instead, some Timberland Boot Co. chukkas.

Mr. Bananagrabber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArliHawk`
The Park Avenues, as mentioned earlier, as well as a double soled brougue in walnut (can't remember the name). Was tempted by those, but got something else instead, some Timberland Boot Co. chukkas.

Anyone know if they sell out of stuff pretty quick? I'd pick up a pair of black Park Aves, 8.5D if they are going to be on sale for 200, and would be happy to wait until the 15th, but if they were limited supply high demand I'd go talk to my friend who has a Nordstrom credit card.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need some black dress shoes. I am going to give them a chance, hopefully they have will have something I can wear to work and stay on my feet.

Amelorn

Reaction score
I just got back from my local Nordstrom (Roosevelt Field, NY). WHAT A DISASTER! The suiting section was dead. The men's casual selection looked more like a Nordie's Rack than a full line store. There were a few racks with regularly priced Hugo Boss, Burberry, Canali etc. HOWEVER, most o the store was circular racks filled with lower end Boss, Faconnable, Sartorial something or other (shield logo), Vineyard vines etc etc. In other words, the same **** I'll see at the Rack in August.

The shoes on sale were likewise pathetic in my size (12/11.5). There were a few Santorelli's marked from $350 to $299. Big ******* deal...I'll just pay $50 more and get the exact style I want.

The piece d'resistance was a greasy saleskid my age who tried to sell me a Burberry shirt for $175, check in collar and cuff. I love that style, but in white or the palest blue. He had a dark navy. I can still buy the white dress shirt version for $91 in my size online rather than $175 for the sportshirt in the wrong color instore. Mentioning "layaway" scares them off, hehe.

Verdict? I'll order what I want online, maybe peruse the store again on my next trip the the field.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJATL
AE 5th Avenues a possibility?

Did they have any?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads