Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nordstrom's half-yearly men's sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cruxisfalcon, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Booter

Booter Senior member

Anyone have a SA they can ask about shoes? Just looking for details as to what's on sale and what's not.

2. MadAboutPlaid

MadAboutPlaid Senior member

Actually, the one I am interested in is fully canvased, and the normal price is $1300. Would a high end suit like that be part of the sale, and what are the chances of getting my size? Will they put it on hold for me if I go in prior to the sale?

The sale starts Friday but if you go in today they will tell you if it's going on sale and how much. They will even hold it and mark it for alterations. You just have to go back during the sale to pay for it. I was in last weekend looking at some Canali sport coats.

3. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Any update on fully-canvased jackets? How much are they selling for...

4. Thorn Proof

Thorn Proof Senior member

Give Me A F_____ Break. Norstroms? They have LOST THEIR WAY My Friend. Tommy Bahama South Coast Plaza Crapiolo.

5. MadAboutPlaid

MadAboutPlaid Senior member

Give Me A F_____ Break. Norstroms? They have LOST THEIR WAY My Friend. Tommy Bahama South Coast Plaza Crapiolo.

You gotta admit that Nordstrom South Coast is loaded with hot women, though.

I love that place - especially at Christmas-time.

6. jreigen

jreigen Senior member

It looks like the sale is live online now, whole bunch of new stuff added to the men's sale section.

7. SNLMODLER

SNLMODLER Well-Known Member

I went in yesterday, it id mostly crap at our location. Manager of mens said anniversay sale in july will habe some of the bettet stuff on sale.

8. cruxisfalcon

cruxisfalcon Well-Known Member

Anyone drop by and find anything good?

9. hpreston

hpreston Senior member

I went in yesterday, it id mostly crap at our location. Manager of mens said anniversay sale in july will habe some of the bettet stuff on sale.
    I had a similar experience. I did buy a nordstrom label shirt and tie for the father in law for fathers day, but nothing for me. I will take a look at the anniversary sale. FWIW the half yearly sale is old merchandise, so this one is is getting rid of spring/summer, while the anniversary sale is discounted new merchandise, so July will be fall/winter.

10. Antonio07

Antonio07 Member

Went into a Nordstrom in the Chicagoland area today, some suits were on sale but they were mostly Joseph Abboud, had a lot of Hugo Boss suits for 400 even though I know people on SF don't like them, also had alligator loafers from Mezlan for 280 I think.

11. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Swung by today. Was only interested in looking at a particular leather card case. They didn't have it in stock.

Just a bunch of Traditional Fit Nordstrom brand shirts, 1901 shirts, Burberry and Lacoste polos. AE Cliftons in Walnut. Nothing to write home about.

12. JasonG83

JasonG83 Member

At the Tysons Corner (Northern Virginia) Nordsrtoms, the Hickey Freemans were on sale, but only strips and patterns. They did have a very nice navy suit with subtle navy stripes, which you could only see from up close, but I need a solid suit for legal interviews. Oh well. But I did pre-order some AE Park Avenues, which go on sale July 1, for $199.

13. david123

david123 Senior member

Any idea if the Cabo driving mocs will go on sale in the anniversary sale? I know they're cheap already, but I'll wait if they'll be cheaper in a month. The current sale is pretty lame.

14. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Senior member

Swung by today. Was only interested in looking at a particular leather card case. They didn't have it in stock.

Just a bunch of Traditional Fit Nordstrom brand shirts, 1901 shirts, Burberry and Lacoste polos. AE Cliftons in Walnut. Nothing to write home about.

What's the price for Cliftons? $199?

15. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

What's the price for Cliftons? $199?

Correct. Guess it's not a horrible deal if ya need some basic shoes in a good color.

Also, on their website they have the AE Weybridge and Lombard on sale as well.