1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nordstrom's Annual Half Year Sale Help?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Jun 5, 2006.

1. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Senior Member

Alright, I've posted a heads up topic about this sale maybe last month or something like that. But anyway, it's next Friday and I'm thinking about hearding over there and picking up a new pair of jeans. The only problem, is that I know that most of the jeans will be pretty cheap, but I have no clue what I should buy. I know that everyone is going to say PDC or ES, I would pick them up in a heart beat, but the two Nordstrom that are near by don't carry either of them.

I check out AG one time while I was there and didn't like them. Diesel makes me think of the Gotti boys, that's why I don't care for it so much.

So, that doesn't leave with much to pick from in reality. As of right now, I have four different brands picked out to keep an eye out for when I go to Nordstrom next Friday.

The brands are Levi's Captail E line, which I hope the one that I go to has at least some pairs in stock, Mavi, the two closest to me carries the brand, so it's always a fall back. The last two brands, which are probably two of the most disliked brands on this board, are True Religion and Seven.

Yeah, I know that both brands are mainly worn by pretty boys who have access to mommy and daddy's credit cards, but during the last one that I saw, I noticed that both of these brands where marked down near $88, which considering that both of these brands go for $100+, it's a good deal. For the TRs, I was thinking about going for the joey model, cause I really don't like the way the pockets look on the bobby model. If I can't find the style of TRs that I want, there's always a pair of boot cut Sevens.

So, that's my plan, if anyone has any other suggestions on what jeans to keep an eye out for when I go or what I should buy, I'm very opened to suggestions. Thanks for reading probably my longest post I've made so far.

2. manifest v

manifest v Senior Member

Found a nice pair of earnest sewn fultons for sale earlier, I reccomend these.

3. weirdnjfan1

Like I said before, I don't think that the two near me carry either PDC or ES, but I will keep an eye out.

4. Mr Sola

Mr Sola Senior Member

Is the sale only for in-store purchases? You could order online.

5. weirdnjfan1

Sorry bro, it says on the store locator that it's an in store event.

6. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Distinguished Member

I suggest you forget Nordstrom and get thee to Barney's co-op instead, if you can get to Manhattan, for they have denim on sale. The PDC Vogel or whatever looks pretty nice. The website is sold out of the Reg Ralf greycast, but I picked up a pair in store for $120. They had bootcut Olas as well.

7. jean_connoisseur23

jean_connoisseur23 Senior Member

well...mavi is already cheap so if thers a sale they will probably be at $50.i will definitely buy levi's capital e..maybe i cane get them for about $100 a pop...as for others i hope those evisu cinch backs will be on sale(they're $395)..i've beent looking at them for awhile and they look great...other i may pick up some earnest sewn,true religions,7FAM and prolly diesels.

8. jean_connoisseur23

jean_connoisseur23 Senior Member

I suggest you forget Nordstrom and get thee to Barney's co-op instead, if you can get to Manhattan, for they have denim on sale. The PDC Vogel or whatever looks pretty nice. The website is sold out of the Reg Ralf greycast, but I picked up a pair in store for $120. They had bootcut Olas as well.

yep that denim sale is super just went there the other week and found monster deals esp on those nudies and acne's

9. weirdnjfan1

Yeah, someday I'd like to go over and check out Barney's Co-op, but alias, I really don't have the time to catch the train, due to work and such.

10. visionology

visionology Distinguished Member

I think you should stop worrying about the brand names so much and buy what fits you and looks good.

11. BigSur

BigSur Senior Member

You could probably phone order at Barneys and also any Nordstrom that does have what your looking for.

Also, I was planning on ordering a bad belt from Nordstroms website. Anyone know if these will be on sale? if so, I will just place a phone order for one instead.

12. weirdnjfan1

::shurgs:: I would call Barney's, but you gotta factor in shipping. Shipping is what kills me when I want to order something. That's why I'm looking foward to the sale.[​IMG]

13. weirdnjfan1

I haven't posted in this topic in a while. Just a reminder for anyone who is interested, the sale is a week from tomorrow.

14. PG2G

PG2G Distinguished Member

::shurgs:: I would call Barney's, but you gotta factor in shipping. Shipping is what kills me when I want to order something. That's why I'm looking foward to the sale.[​IMG]

You may have to pay shipping, but you could probably avoid paying taxes right?

15. weirdnjfan1

Is the sale only for in-store purchases? You could order online.

My mistake all, I jsut went over to the nordstrom site and it looks liekt that you can order stuff off their website. I won't know about the men's stuff until next week, but that's good for everyone who wants something from them.