1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nordstrom

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Best4Best, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Best4Best

Best4Best Well-Known Member

It's Nordstrom's Anniversary sale, so decided to get a MTO with Loro Piana material- a blue pin stripe. Unfortunately they refused to match the stripes on the lapels and the shoulder. This was very disappointing after years, they still cannot get the lines to match. The suite was priced around $1800 after discount.

For less than this price I got my bespoke suits done and the lines matched perfectly....

[​IMG]

Even my linen suite is well matched

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

I realize this is an old thread... but I'm curious what the OP means by "they refused to match the stripes?" AFAIK, Nordstrom doesn't make its own MTM suits: what I have seen there is Hickey Freeman, Hart Schaffner, Canali, etc. Basically, you go in and get measured, pick the fabric, etc. at a Nordstrom store, and like 2 months later get a suit made by HF, HSM, etc.

Did you actually get a suit made and were disappointed in the result? or did the tailor/salesperson mention that they couldn't guarantee Hickey could match the stripes during the initial measuring? You don't just go in during Anniversary Sale and "get" a MTM suit that day.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017