• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nordstrom house brand?

enjay

Reaction score
Couldn't find much info via searching or Google. Can anyone comment on Nordstrom's house brand of blazers? I'm eyeing one in the marketplace that I really like, but my instincts tell me it it is going to be cut like a burlap sack. The material itself is really nice (Loro Piana cashmere), but beyond the normal measurements I'm not really sure how to determine whether something is cut more modern or "traditional" without actually trying it on.

enjay

Reaction score
That sounds familiar although the seller made no mention of any "Southwick for Nordstrom". I suppose it's possible they didn't use anything like that? I'll look into Southwicks fit though. I may just take the chance since the cost is low and I could probably recoupe it somehow. Thanks for the response.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
John W Nordstrom Signature line is made by Southwick and decent quality. The regular line John W Nordstrom sport coats are made overseas and look cheap.

enjay

Reaction score
Ah gotcha. I guess I need to get more info. Can something made with Loro piana cashmere look bad? I mean the material itself, not the fit. I was under the impression it's expensive stuff.

Last edited:

mhdena

Reaction score
John W Nordstrom Signature is the label you want for shirts, jackets, coats etc.

ats200

Reaction score
slightly off topic but can anyone weigh in on the Nordstrom shoes, they're branded as "Calibrate?" They've got a pair of patent leather lace ups that seem somewhat reasonable.

enjay

Reaction score
I don't have any need for patent leather shoes but I don't like the shape of those personally and I believe a true Oxford is preferable for black tie and such. Could be wrong. Those are also most likely glued, though by definition I guess you wouldn't be wearing this shoe a ton. Might want to check the AE shoe bank I feel like I've seen patent leather shoes under 200 there.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

slightly off topic but can anyone weigh in on the Nordstrom shoes, they're branded as "Calibrate?" They've got a pair of patent leather lace ups that seem somewhat reasonable.

Two big issues with these:

1) Rubber soles
2) They are derbys, not oxfords

ats200

Reaction score
Two big issues with these:

1) Rubber soles
2) They are derbys, not oxfords

Thank you! I'm not very familiar with what to look for in shoes obviously.

I'm putting together a tux over time so as not to take on the whole expense at once. These looked like a good value, and I suppose I don't mind a rubber sole if it cuts costs a bit. I never realized I was looking at different styles beteween derbys and oxfords.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

as far as I remember those shoes were ****...

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a tweed jacket from Nordstrom.. same made by southwick jacket..I had to size down, but it had higher armholes and nice soft shoulders when it actually fit.. and I believe it's half canvassed..the only thing I did not like as much is that the button stance was a little high though..

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a tweed jacket from Nordstrom.. same made by southwick jacket..I had to size down, but it had higher armholes and nice soft shoulders when it actually fit.. and I believe it's half canvassed..the only thing I did not like as much is that the button stance was a little high though..
I agree with everything you said. I've picked up two JWN Signature jackets from the Rack in the $150-250 range and am happy with the quality. Definitely half canvassed as one of the two is unlined and the canvas is visible.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think JRD had a Nordstrom SC on sale a while back with LP cloth. It looked awesome.

enjay

Reaction score
I don't know what/who JRD is but this one does look quite nice. For the cost I may just take the risk.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads